cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim not working

bellafuhrer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi! my phone has not been workig for the past 10 days, and my account is active. can someone help me with this issue?

14 REPLIES 14

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CS_Agent  its great to see you active in the forums and responding to cutomers.  Just the fact of you saying we have replied check your inbox is very infomative to the original poster and to the community as a whole. 

Keep up the  good work.

bellafuhrer

i replied to u already!!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @bellafuhrer,

We've responded to your private message. Please check your inbox 🙂

Cheers,

Syed

bellafuhrer

thank you that was helpful. i contacted a moderator yesterday and they still did not reply. when can i expect an answer?

@bellafuhrer

Agree with JP2.  Either a problem with your account/service versus SIM card.  SIM cards don't break down easily.  You could try a new SIM card, but it also could still be a problem with account.  You should contact moderator to see whether it is an account issue.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each new message will put you further down the job list.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, account number and PIN code.

bellafuhrer

no there is no service

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Does it allow the phone to connect to the network? If so maybe there is a problem with your account. Have you talked to the mods about your account?

bellafuhrer

ok thats smart! i didnt know i can get one there. do u know where else i can go to get one?

bellafuhrer

is that the only way to solve the problem? the sim is just not working, maybe it can be reset?

its not actually cracked or anything like that

Mike40999
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try going to wal mart to buy another sim card !

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If the sim is broken you will need to purchase a new sim and change the sim number on your self serve account 

bellafuhrer

hi thank you for you reply. i actually tried that and none of it works. a different sim card works in the phone which means its the sim thats broken

@bellafuhrer wrote:

hi! my phone has not been workig for the past 10 days, and my account is active. can someone help me with this issue?

I know that these things often don't fix things, but you'll want to try:  seeing if your sim will work in another phone,  inserting a friend's Public Mobile sim card in your phone, or even replacing your sim card.

These steps will help to determinenif you have a hardware, phone software, or account issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bellafuhrer wrote:

10 days!?

Does the sim work in any other phone? Is this new service? This being your first post I'm assuming so. Did you port your number over from another provider? Have you restarted the phone? Shut down, remove sim, restart, shut down, reinstall sim, restart.

..might work too.

I suspect you'll need to send a private message to the mods here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET).

Need Help? Let's chat.