cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim not provisioned

lana20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot seem to connect a new or transferred number to my new sim card or account. My phone says my phone is not provisioned. 

11 REPLIES 11

@lana20 

Judging by the various issues related to sim provisioning and failed account creations being asked in the commjnity today and the long waits for moderator response there seems to be a large widespread issue with activations. Submit a private message including as much info as possible...

Put "log in disabled" in the subject line and leave a detailed message of your problem. Be sure to include the following:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2.  Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.

By including this info you will save yourself the time of having to answer any extra questions to further identify yourself.The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours however they have been swamped the last couple of days so be prepared to be patient.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

@lana20 Sim not provisiined means no serrviice attached to it. That'a a strange case. How can it let you open account without a phone number?

Hi @lana20 ,

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

lana20

I didn't transfer a number,  I want a new number.

lana20

I did...my payment went through,  I don't want to pay twice. 

Hello @lana20 ,

Please activate it here: https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

EDIT: you said you activated it:

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

Call the Porting Team at *** to assist with your port.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

lana20

I got a new sim and activated it and it wasn't working.  My account says there is no number connected to the account so when I try to get a new number it says number change failed.

lana20

They do match.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@lana20 wrote:

I cannot seem to connect a new or transferred number to my new sim card or account. 

What exactly are you doing?  are you getting a new account with a new number or just porting in number?  or Are you an existing user trying to change to a new SIM card?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lana20 ,

If the 4-digits of your SIM match the 4-digits listed on your SELF SERVE account, found here, under "Change Sim Card":

If the 4-digts DO NOT match, then it appears someone has been fraudulent (SIM-jacked) on your account. 

Change passwords and security questions to your SELF SERVE account right away and check your financials. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @lana20 ,

Does it actually say that message?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for at least 3 minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

If you have a provisioning issue, only moderators can help.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.