Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: sim not detected by the ph

@darlicious wrote:

@ninoron 

Do you know anyone with a freedom sim card? You should be able to insert it and make the changes then put in the pm sim card and reboot. If i remembered the sequence correctly.

The idea of a Freedom SIM card has to do with changing APN settings. APN settings aren't related to the actual connection to the cellular network. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Re: sim not detected by the ph

@computergeek541 

So the theory doesnt carry thru that the freedom sim would allow changes to "greyed" out settings?

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: @Re: sim not detected by the ph

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

So the theory doesnt carry thru that the freedom sim would allow changes to "greyed" out settings?

I haven't read about a Freedom SIM card allowing anything but the changing/adding of APN settings. Network type selection isn't an APN.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ninoron wrote:

The. Network is selected as2g and it's greyed out. In unable to change the preferred network.

Any way ican change that?

Download an app called Radio Switcher. In there, you can change the network. Hopefully not greyed out as well 🙂

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Just so i understand a freedom sim card can help a user change or enter APN settings in phones that have these settings greyed out because the sim card is configurable? Where as most providers do not offer configurable sim cards? Or is there another term for that type of sim card?

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was with Fido and chatr prior to this buthad no issue.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ninoron  are you certain the phone is unlocked? Can you call back Fido and ask for the unlock code again?

The reason I am asking. Is both Chatr & Fido are owned by Rogers. So a Chatr, Fido or Rogers sim would work without having the device unlocked.

Now I'm not certain how the India sims are however but for example. Some phones in USA that are locked to a USA Network will work in other countries without having the phone unlocked. Even back in the older days when a phone would be blacklisted so it would not work all in USA the phone would still work no problems in other countries. 

When you put your Public Mobile sim card in the phone what exactly happens? Does any message display in the phone like "enter network pin"?...or does any bars display showing there is signal or is it just an X or emergency calls only?

Let us know!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@ninoron wrote:

I was with Fido and chatr prior to this buthad no issue.

Yes. And the Rogers network still uses 2G. Fido and Chatr belong to Rogers.

I changed my network to GSM only and it connected fine to Rogers. Of course it didn't work because I'm not paying for service there.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.

That's helpful.

The phone is from India and yes the india sim is on Rogers network.

I contacted nokia support and they said the phone is unlocked.

On inserting the sim it says emergency calls

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ninoron wrote:

Hi.

That's helpful.

The phone is from India and yes the india sim is on Rogers network.

I contacted nokia support and they said the phone is unlocked.

On inserting the sim it says emergency calls

Try some of these options:

https://www.technipages.com/why-does-my-phone-say-emergency-calls-only

Need Help? Let's chat.