cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card

qw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can I use the public mobile sim card on my galaxy S6 phone and later use that same sim card on a galaxy S8 phone? Are they the same size?

5 REPLIES 5

gfawley

I had a Samsung S8 - that wouldn't recognize the Public Mobile SIM card. Thought it was a problem with the phone (the SIM card worked in other phones), so bought a new phone that I've been using the last 8 months with Public Mobile (no help from Public Mobile, and all suggestions from the PM Community did not help either). Just today discovered it wasn't the S8 phone at all - as it recognizes SIM cards from other carriers (Rogers, PC Mobile, Shaw Mobile). So set up my S8 with Shaw Mobile for my husband to use (I'll be changing over soon too). Just be aware that your S8 may not be compatible with PM.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@qw you're welcome!

qw

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You sure can.

Sim cards are 3 hole punch so keep the little brackets if you need to change sims to another phone that have a different size slot.

But both the s6 and s8 use nano sim so you'll be fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@qw wrote:

can I use the public mobile sim card on my galaxy S6 phone and later use that same sim card on a galaxy S8 phone? Are they the same size?

PM SIM's are tri-punch meaning that the smaller SIM can be snapped out of the larger frame. If you kept the frame pieces and if one phone needs the larger one then snap the smaller one back into the larger frame.

Need Help? Let's chat.