cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card not provisioned

Joanraczkowski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get my sim card to work.  I have paid my bill and actually last month I was charged an extra 63 dollars and my normal monthly fee is 23 dollars.  On 6 October again charged 23 dollars which is normal but I can not use my cell phone, says emergency calls only.  Very discouraged and ready to go to another cell provider where I can see someone to fix the problem

5 REPLIES 5

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Joanraczkowski contact customer support mods

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Joanraczkowski ,

If your services never worked since you activated, maybe your phone is locked from your previous provider. If this is the case, contact them to unlock it for you - at no charge.

Can you try your SIM in another PM compatible phone to see if you get the same message? 

@Joanraczkowski wrote:

How do I get my sim card to work.  I have paid my bill and actually last month I was charged an extra 63 dollars and my normal monthly fee is 23 dollars.  On 6 October again charged 23 dollars which is normal but I can not use my cell phone, says emergency calls only.  Very discouraged and ready to go to another cell provider where I can see someone to fix the problem

While someone gaining unauthorized access to your account and switching the active SIM card is a possibility, also check to make sure that the network type has been accidently set to only use 2g networks.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Joanraczkowski ,

Hopefully your case is not a SIM jacking case!

Have you had Public Mobile service yet since activating?

If the SIM card on your SELF SERVE matches your actual SIM card, then try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Joanraczkowski ,

Please check your SELF SERVE account to see if the last four digits of your SIM card match your actual last four digits of your SIM card in your phone.

In your SELF SERVE account go to "Change Sim Card", and it will show you the last 4 digits registered here:

esjliv_0-1596590590569.png

If the numbers do not match you have been SIM jacked. 

And you should:

*change your password

*change you security questions

*check any banking credentials as well

*let the moderators know

To contact the Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot or link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ (if after clicking this you get an option to: Ignore OR Go to PublicMobile.ca – HIT THE “Ignore” option)

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.