cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card not activated on my acct

Dukester
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We have recently had phone unlocked but sim card message reads "no service" ! Please advise !

9 REPLIES 9

gail709
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

We would be happy to help but we need to take it one step at a time.

1) is your phone compatible with PM

2) is your phone unlocked

3) did you go on the site and activate your sim card

4) was your credit card charged

5) did you receive a welcome email from PM

Answer each of these questions and we can narrow dow the issue.

@howellrg have you tried turning your phone off, removing your SIM , replacing it and turning it back on? Did you port your number? 

@howellrg wrote:

Thanks, I could use some help.  One day later and my phone sees Public Mobile but says no service available.

howellrg

Thanks, I could use some help.  One day later and my phone sees Public Mobile but says no service available.

@howellrg wrote:

me too!

@howellrg  me too? More info if you need help

howellrg

me too!

@DukesterWhat kind of phone? Android? IPhone? Have you tried the SIM in another phone? Removed SIM...reinsert and rebooted?

If it's an iPhone you may need to remove the SIM. Connect to the internet. Reset the network settings. Do any updates offered. Then insert sim and reboot. Connecting to itunes may also be needed to get data working.

NeoRizer

When I first signed up it took me almost 48 hours to finally get my simcard activated... The website was down and I couldn't log in to my account which caused some kind of delay in activating it. I'm not sure if I had to go in to my account to activate the simcard or not, I can't remember, it was nearly half a year ago.

If you've registered the sim card just give it some time, it'll eventually start working...if it goes longer than 2 days I'd start to be concerned.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What kind of phone is it? What frequencies are supported? What is your status when you login to your selfserve?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Dukester Did you activate your SIM ? Ie through this link https://activate.publicmobile.ca

@Dukester wrote:

We have recently had phone unlocked but sim card message reads "no service" ! Please advise !

Need Help? Let's chat.