cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card mahem

davethebrave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought two sim cards. a good thing to this one is crapping out in me! To get the phone to work I have to recycle it. Then it will works for a little while then shut off! I ordered a three sim card pack over a week ago and they still not have arrived. I have no money and I don't think they'll just let me do a inner-public mobile account transfer. I just paid the bill on this one. so I have no phone until when public mobile? How many calls will I miss Public mobile? How much money will I lose?

12 REPLIES 12

@davethebrave  That sounds like a hardware issue with your phone's wireless antenna. Do you have an iPhone. Known issue with older iPhones. I don't think a sim swap will fix your issue.

@davethebrave 

check your network settings, see if they are set to manual or automatic. You may have them set to manual and thus making you have to choose a network everytime. Choose Public Mobile network and set it to preferred network. 

Screenshot_20200622_101354.jpg

Screenshot_20200622_101337_com.android.phone.jpg

@davethebrave 

Its always best to test your sim in another phone first to rule out if it's a SIM issue or a phone issue.

davethebrave

ok I got another sim

You go to your account page and enter the new sim card number on the change sim card page. You need the new sim first but the issue might not be your sim. It could be the network or your account. It could be your phone causing it.

davethebrave

How do I replace the card and keep the same number?

@davethebrave 

This could be a phone software or hardware problem. Did you try sim in a different phone?

davethebrave

No

now the thing doesn't work at all!!! 

NOT COOL!

davethebrave

sorry about no details. when I turn the phone on it's working and everything is great. the sim card dies after every call. when I recycle the phone it will come back the I go over the process again. I need a phone that works and I think I'll change carriers soon. 

@davethebrave 

There could be several reasons why your sim card is not working properly. Alternatively it could be a problem with your phone. What is the make and model of your phone? What are the issues you are having? Calling ? Texting? Data? All three? Does your sim fit snugly in the sim card tray? Are you losing your signal? The more info you give us the easier it will be to diagnose the problem.

@davethebrave wrote:

I bought two sim cards. a good thing to this one is crapping out in me! To get the phone to work I have to recycle it. Then it will works for a little while then shut off! I ordered a three sim card pack over a week ago and they still not have arrived. I have no money and I don't think they'll just let me do a inner-public mobile account transfer. I just paid the bill on this one. so I have no phone until when public mobile? How many calls will I miss Public mobile? How much money will I lose?

SIM cards rarely go bad, so simply replacing the sim card may not accomplish anything. So that others can give suggestions, can you be more specific than "crapping out"?

As for switching to a new sim card, there is no need to open a new account and plan. A repacement sim card can be attached to your existing account.

Need Help? Let's chat.