cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card for gps tracker

alwaysconfused
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm looking at a gps pet tracker that has the following requirement:

" Insert a Micro GSM SIM card without PIN code, the SIM card should have a 30 MB data package per month, can send and receive SMS."  What's my cheapest option with Public Mobile to satisfy this?  Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

nov_very_own

good catch.

alwaysconfused

Thank you.

alwaysconfused

Thanks - I'll do a little more research on that then.  

alwaysconfused

Thank you for your reply!

alwaysconfused

Thanks.  I'll definitely check that out.  Appreciate your input!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

That gsm worries me, public mobile is not on gsm it's on umts, check it

The only gsm service I know around me is Rogers and the rest of Rogers line renters like pc mobile, speakout wireless and alike Fido and chat are on that network too

nov_very_own

I don't recall when powering up the phone that I have to enter a PIN with the PM SIM.

@hairbag1 wrote:

I'm not sure if PM has anything for you. PM is strictly for talk/text/data. To activate an account, the sim pin # has to be registered so perhaps a different data provider would better suit your needs.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@alwaysconfused wrote:

I'm looking at a gps pet tracker that has the following requirement:

" Insert a Micro GSM SIM card without PIN code, the SIM card should have a 30 MB data package per month, can send and receive SMS."  What's my cheapest option with Public Mobile to satisfy this?  Thanks

I'm not sure if PM has anything for you. PM is strictly for talk/text/data. To activate an account, the sim pin # has to be registered so perhaps a different data provider would better suit your needs.

nov_very_own

I suppose the $15 plan right now for 100min, unlimited texting, and 250MB should suffice. Just need to get a SIM online or from Walmart or Wow Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.