cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send/receive pictures on my blackberry

divit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I send/receive pictures on my blackberry torch phone?

8 REPLIES 8

@sohosynergy wrote:
That device does not have to connect to BIS or BES...the documentation in the link shows how to change the APN settings.

Yes some versions of the BlackBerry Classic OS allow you to configure APN settings. Very few apps will work with direct APN data though - most require a BIS or BES service which acts like a "proxy". I recall Opera was one of the few browser apps which had an option for direct connectivity without BIS/BES.

Also, since you cannot configure MMS related APN settings manually without BIS/BES provisioning, you can use it for plain texts but not MMS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Crackberry seems to suggest some workarounds. It's about the app (browser, email). Install an app that doesn't go through BIS/BES.

Whether any of those apps are still around and supported is another matter. Certainly not Blackberry World. But it seems people have figured out using pre-OS10 as normal HSDPA.

@sohosynergy wrote:
That device does not have to connect to BIS or BES...the documentation in the link shows how to change the APN settings.

Blackberry Torch devices are running a very old operating system. Data cannot be used on these without one of either BIS or BES. As such, tinkering with APN settings won't accomplish anything.

sohosynergy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@sohosynergy wrote:

Here are the official Blackberry site links for software and documentation for configuring your Torch.  

NOTE: https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/support/devices has all the documentation for the torch series and how to configure the settings.

NOTE2: https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/support/desktop-software-downloads is the link to download the Blackberry Desktop Software which will allow you to backup your blackberry to your PC or Mac, update the software and restore in case of corruption.  You would need to select the link BlackBerry Desktop software for BlackBerry 7.1 OS and earlier.  Once you've backed up and updated your Blackberry then use the documentation to configure SMS/MMS and retest.

Suggestion: When you post please include the specific model of your Torch as there are several and each model has different settings.

This wouldn't make any difference because Public Mobile doesn't support BIS or BES. This means that such devices are not compatible with Public Mobile's data services.

sohosynergy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here are the official Blackberry site links for software and documentation for configuring your Torch.  

NOTE: https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/support/devices has all the documentation for the torch series and how to configure the settings.

NOTE2: https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/support/desktop-software-downloads is the link to download the Blackberry Desktop Software which will allow you to backup your blackberry to your PC or Mac, update the software and restore in case of corruption.  You would need to select the link BlackBerry Desktop software for BlackBerry 7.1 OS and earlier.  Once you've backed up and updated your Blackberry then use the documentation to configure SMS/MMS and retest.

Suggestion: When you post please include the specific model of your Torch as there are several and each model has different settings.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@divit Just to add to what was posted by @computergeek541 , data is required to be turned on to send and receive MMS messages even though it isn't counted or even required on your account.

@divit wrote:

How can I send/receive pictures on my blackberry torch phone?

Data will not work on this device. If you wish to use a Blackberry-branded device, Blackbery OS 10 or a Blackberrry running Android would be needed for that.

Need Help? Let's chat.