cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

robo calls

Caulfeild1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I keep getting robo calls, the latest a Chinese voice, earlier today a call from the legal dept of CRA ha.ha. and then a computer service call offering a refund for a service I did not sign up for!!. How can I stop these calls. My land line with Telus has a feature that prevents robo calls.

5 REPLIES 5

@computergeek541 wrote:

Some fairly recently LG phones did not have an option to send calls from a secific number directly to voicemail. This from experience with an LG G6 that I used for a few months about a year ago.

If you use these apps, why send the spam caller to your voicemail and pollute that with junk messages you have to check... Set the "Declined/Busy" conditional call forward to something else, like an invalid number: dial *67*0000000000# Then calls you manually decline, and calls that a spam blocker app declines, are directed to an invalid number instead of your voicemail.

Unanswered calls, and calls when your phone is out of the service area will continue forward to voicemail as usual.

Reset with ##67# or ##004#

@Caulfeild1 wrote:

Thanks. I guess my LG K4 does not have this feature allowing me to block

Some fairly recently LG phones did not have an option to send calls from a secific number directly to voicemail. This from experience with an LG G6 that I used for a few months about a year ago.

I would go into Play Store and download Google Contacts.  After installing that app, open your contacts up using that app and there will be an option to send calls from any of your saved phone numbers to voicemail. 

Caulfeild1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. I guess my LG K4 does not have this feature allowing me to block

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Caulfeild1, Public Mobile does not offer call blocking from their end.  You will need to set your phone calling app to do that.  I have spam filter capability on my phone.  Most if not all phone should have some sort of capability to do this.  These are smart phones after all.

Need Help? Let's chat.