cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repost:NO incoming or outgoing texts.

Accardinal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had this posted before and for some reason it vanished... ANYWHO here it is again (sorry to the people that replied already and ty to the person who pointed out that my post went (poof)🤷🏻‍♀️

iPhone 6 updated.

NO incoming or outgoing text

I can send iMessages but just recently cannot send or receive text messages. It doesn’t show (not sent) or anything. It stopped working shortly after I changed plans to the 40$ Plan. It says I’m still active, paid everything on time and the things I’ve tried:

-Turning iMessages and mms/sms on and off (rebooted and non rebooted)

-hard reboot

-turning phone off and on

-signed out of Apple ID (signed into Apple ID)

-deleted all messages 

tried texting from various other cell phones NOT on my account.

-texted from another iPhone on my account (nothing)

-turned off wifi used data instead (nothing)

-turned on wifi turned off data (nothing)

-reset wifi (nothing)

-took out sin card (nothing obviously)

-put in sin card (nothing)

-turned of cloud

-turned off cloud

I HAVE TRIED WHAT FEELS LIKE EVERYTHING!!! I’m getting really frustrated...and hope that someone has had a similar thing happen to them, they tried everything except that ONE THING that I missed ...and fixed the issue!😭 I also get (that error sometimes) but it ends up working fine later. Also, in settings/cloud/message (sometimes it’s flipped OFF and I didn’t touch it!

Ps. I also reset EVERYTHING. Lol

9 REPLIES 9

Accardinal

So after EVERYTHING 

Katherine from the Public Mobile Moderator Team, with her FIRST TRY (after going through someone else) reset the messages  on HER side. BAM it works now. Somewhere, somehow it was turned off? ANYWAY if anyone has had or is having this issue and you’ve tried everything, or even if you’ve just started having this issue!! Ask them to reset the messaging option on their side. THANK GOODNESS that’s over! Thank you for all your help (and to Katherine) woot!!

Accardinal

Yeah it didn’t work and it doesn’t seem to effect other iPhones, I can text or iMessage any iPhone, but can’t text other brands, I used to be able to do so prior to me switching to 45$ plan. I just recently am trying to upgrade to the 50$ plan in hopes that it resets some how. The mods gave me a very short fix to try but it was very generic and one of the first I tried. Wish me luck?

Accardinal

i'm trying to reset my APN....and now i apparently have to wait 24 hours for imessage to "Activate".......holy bananas why so long?

Accardinal

Sorry I don’t have anything that says “text message forwarding “.??

Accardinal

I did and no dice. Ty for the advice though!

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@Accardinal  Make sure your texts aren't being forwarded, Settings --> Messages --> Text Message Forwarding.

If it's off turn it on, wait 30 seconds, thurn it off, restart the phone. And check that your SMS messages are set to use standard messaging when iMessanging is not available.

@Accardinal , you will still want to go into your community account profile yourself and remove the images.  The pictures with your name and phone number are still there.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Good job @Accardinal !Smiley Wink With no personal information it will not vanish!!

Did you try the lost/stolen trick?

Need Help? Let's chat.