cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recommendations for a new phone

seallaibh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dropped my phone today on a concrete floor, and, well,  that was that.  I'm now in the market for a new phone.  What suggestions/recommendations do you have for a budget android phone in the $150 - $250 price range?  (I really liked this Umidigi phone....)

Thanks,

Seallaibh

13 REPLIES 13

seallaibh

Over the last couple of weeks I reached out to the community for adivce and recommendations and, as always, people stepped up with answers.  Thanks to everyone who helped me out.  Such an outstanding community here.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Chipster wrote:

I too have the Moto G7. It has been a great phone. I am not a gamer, but for practical purposes it has been an awesome phone that meets all my needs.

One of the reasons I got the G7 was I could not find another budget phone that will take dual sims. I used to travel a lot (maybe again some day) and the big benefit of the G7 is the dual sim slot.

That's a wee bit of misinformation, i.e. there's a few different versions of Moto G7, and not all of them have dual SIM slots(my G7 Play doesn't). 🤔

Chipster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I too have the Moto G7. It has been a great phone. I am not a gamer, but for practical purposes it has been an awesome phone that meets all my needs.

One of the reasons I got the G7 was I could not find another budget phone that will take dual sims. I used to travel a lot (maybe again some day) and the big benefit of the G7 is the dual sim slot.

seallaibh

Thank you.

seallaibh

Thanks.  I'm sure they have something else similar.

seallaibh

Thanks!

seallaibh

Thank you for the help.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@seallaibh  I got a Motorola Moto G7 Play, several months ago, for $155, on sale, at Costco, and have been quite pleased with it(and it's received updates a few times since I bought it). At the time, the regular price was $205, and when I last looked, they no longer had that phone, but now have a higher spec'd Moto for about the same price. It kind of depends on how much of a "power user" you are, and what you want from your phone, i.e. do you want a larger screen, more storage, more memory, or are your needs more modest. I suppose, given your budget, we should assume your needs are more modest, in which case, a Moto may be something of interest for you..... 🤔

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you looked at the refurbished phones public is now offering?? We got an iPhone 6 thru them with zero issues! 

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
You might consider Staples.ca

https://www.staples.ca/collections/cell-phones-158

Staples does match competitor prices if you find a better price elsewhere in Canada.

@esjliv wrote:

oh no, sorry to hear that @seallaibh  😞

This is a good phone and good looking price at Bestbuy: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/samsung-galaxy-a20-32gb-black-unlocked/13609525

I was just saying A11 is a decent buy , $200 on FB.. but yours is a brand new.. $180+tax from Bestbuy..  I think this is even better.. peace of mind from Bestbuy

softech
Oracle
Oracle
Personally I love Samsung

the Samsung A11 or A20 is a decent buy.
you can check around FB Marketplace or Kijiji, some people got it free from Zoomer Wireless and they sell it back for cash.. Around $200

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

oh no, sorry to hear that @seallaibh  😞

This is a good phone and good looking price at Bestbuy: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/samsung-galaxy-a20-32gb-black-unlocked/13609525

EDIT - oops, sorry, didn't realize it was "sold out online" and in store.

Need Help? Let's chat.