Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"unlock SIM BLOCK"

CKGilbert
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Problem: Cannot Unlock My Phone
Phone: Huawei Y530 U051

Story: I purchased and activated a SIM card from Walmart for a new number with Public Mobile. After putting the new PM SIM card into the phone I recieved a message saying 'Sim Unlock Network PIN'. Not knowing what this was I repeatedly tried entering the PIN # I created when I created my PM account at Walmart. This did not work.

I realised that the phone needed to be unlocked from the previous carrier (Bell) and so I contacted them via their online chat and received an unlocking PIN. After I entered the unlock PIN the phone still said the unlock was unsuccessful but now it said this: 'unlock SIM BLOCK'.

I have been unsuccesful in searching the web for a solution and Bell reps have no answers for me. I cannot afford the software to force an unlock nor can I afford a new phone at this point in time. I need a phone urgently as I just moved to a new city and need to start looking for work as soon as possible.

How do I fix this problem without spending money?

Thanks.

-Kyle

WIN_20180528_10_11_18_Pro.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LEGO interesting.  Wow, so it's a comination of multiple codes, entered in a specific order.  I didn't realize that was possible.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@LEGO wrote:

@CKGilbert "unlock SIM BLOCK" / reset code counter can be removed, but it will cost you. 

@LEGO How so?  Just curious.

There are numerous companies that provide this code. You may look at this video: click here

Anonymous
Not applicable

@osngoie, the only way to reset your password is by contacting the moderator team via private message.  unfortunately they are off line until the morning.  If you have a credit card on the account (even if you don't use auto pay), you can make a payment by calling *611, and following the prompts.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

osngoie

I need help. I forgot my password and I need to pay this night. How to do please? It is my wife's phone

srlawren

@LEGO wrote:

@CKGilbert "unlock SIM BLOCK" / reset code counter can be removed, but it will cost you. 

@LEGO How so?  Just curious.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

srlawren

@computergeek541 @will13am thanks for confirming.  I was almost certain the phone gets locked permanently.

@CKGilbert wrote:

Just to be clear, is it the SIM Card that's locked or the phone?

Sim card security wouldn't be turned on unless someone specifically enabled it for that sim card. In the past, I have seen phones that have a setting that make the phone ask for the sim catd's pin1, buy once again, someone would have first turned that featute on.  

I believe that it is your phone that is the issue.

CKGilbert

Just to be clear, is it the SIM Card that's locked or the phone?

@srlawren wrote:

@CKGilbert unfortunately, you only get a certain number of attempts to get the SIM unlock coce entered correctly, after which point your phone becomes permanently locked to the original network.  It sounds like you must have burned thorugh those attempts when trying to enter your account PIN.  I don't believe there's any way around this.  @will13am @computergeek541 do you guys know of any way?  I don't think factory reset would help.  Is there maybe an XDA-style hack for it?  I believe no, but worth asking!

My understanding is that there are so many mulligans allowed.  Once that limit is reached, then the phone is permanently locked to the particular carrier.  Back in the day when unlock codes were sold, the sellers would warn of not trying too many times with what could be an incorrect code. 

The fact that the prompt changed its wording is bad news.  That phone will now only work on Bell, and even if they give you the normal unlocking code, that isn't going to work.   

You could try Huawei to see if they can help.

As for Bell, you could try using the argument that they are required yo unlock the phone for you, but I do not believe the spirit of mandatory unlocking rules were  meant to cover cases of customer error.

I have not heard of any hack to override this lock. I do believe that the Huawei service centre may be able to reset the unlock code counter, although likely for a fee.  In the past, I have seen specific unblock codes on ebay for cases such as this, but those were often specific to certain brands and models.

srlawren

@CKGilbert unfortunately, you only get a certain number of attempts to get the SIM unlock coce entered correctly, after which point your phone becomes permanently locked to the original network.  It sounds like you must have burned thorugh those attempts when trying to enter your account PIN.  I don't believe there's any way around this.  @will13am @computergeek541 do you guys know of any way?  I don't think factory reset would help.  Is there maybe an XDA-style hack for it?  I believe no, but worth asking!

Need Help? Let's chat.