cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"transfer in progress"

So i bought a new nokia 3310 3g from the states. everything is working now, but every time i get a phone call, a pop-up pops up saying "transfer in progress" and then i have to hit "ok" before i answer the call. The phone still rings during this time...it's just a weird and annoying thing...i know this isn't a common phone but if anyone has a solution that'd be dynamite

Oracle

Re: "transfer in progress"

Google has returned nothing of value.  Searched this sequence in the user manual, nothing.  Sorry, can't really help here.

thanks. those were my first resorts too Smiley Sad nokia support didn't help either.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@thegreatswalmi, just a guess but, in call settings>call transfer...is anything set to forward or transfer? If so, try removing the setting. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@thegreatswalmi

Since there are two variants of this phone, does your phone have a dual SIM cards? Are you using two SIM cards in your phone? If you do OR you did before, try to cancel Calls Forwarding between two SIM cards.

1.jpg

Excellent thoughts, all, and thanks for trying. I have the single sim version and have turned call forwarding off. 

I appreciate the effort. it's one of those annoying little quirks that gets stuck in my brain!

JL9
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ugh that would drive me crazy. Hopefully for your sake and to maintain your sanity, you find a resolution!!!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@thegreatswalmi wrote:

Excellent thoughts, all, and thanks for trying. I have the single sim version and have turned call forwarding off. 

I appreciate the effort. it's one of those annoying little quirks that gets stuck in my brain!

This would drive me bonkers and like the others can't find anyone else with this problem.

With that said, you said call forwarding is off. Did you do that via the dialer (you dialed the code to disable) or within the settings of the phone?

I know you have a single SIM variant but perhaps it still has options for the non-existent second SIM card and there's something not set in there properly?

Get the most out of the two SIM cards (dual SIM phones)

You've probably checked that (it's not a huge instruction manual) but just in case.

Do you have access to another SIM card that you can try? Preferably from another carrier?

@koimr1 great suggestions! i hate being the only one with the problem Smiley Happy

I turned off forwarding in the settings as well as dialling #004# which gave me the "forwarding off" message. I tried my wife's sim (public mobile) with no change. removed the sd card with no change. moved the address book, fiddled with internal file structures (non-destructively) and changed as many settings as i could think of without effect.

AARGHH!!! Smiley Happy

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Any chance bluetooth is on and the phone is trying to transfer the call to a previously paired bluetooth device?