cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: "transfer in progress"

Did you try a factory reset?  Remember to save any of your data before doing it (phone numbers. pictures, etc).

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

bluetooth is turned off and finished a factory reset this morning with no change. 

Thanks all for your help. may be something i just have to live with. now getting my received sms timestamps to be in mountain instead of est... Smiley Happy

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@thegreatswalmi Do you use a VoIP apps? Google Voice? Could you have any other number forwarded to yours?

@anya I do have a number forwarded to mine (for work) but i'm getting the message even when people call my direct number (non-work). i turned off the forwarding at work to see if anything changed, but sadly, out of luck.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@thegreatswalmi ok, this is bugging me now 😉. Try a reboot? (after turning off the forwarding).

@anya haha join the club!!! my poor little phone is probably dizzy from all the rebooting Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@thegreatswalmi wrote:

So i bought a new nokia 3310 3g from the states. everything is working now, but every time i get a phone call, a pop-up pops up saying "transfer in progress" and then i have to hit "ok" before i answer the call. The phone still rings during this time...it's just a weird and annoying thing...i know this isn't a common phone but if anyone has a solution that'd be dynamite

To clarify, does selecting "ok" answer the call or must you then press the "answer button" to answer the call?

pressing "ok" removes the dialogue and then i can answer the call. alternately, i can press the button that answers the call, talk, and then when i hang up the dialogue is still there and then i can hit "ok". like i said it's not so much a problem as a quandry...

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@thegreatswalmi wrote:

Excellent thoughts, all, and thanks for trying. I have the single sim version and have turned call forwarding off. 

I appreciate the effort. it's one of those annoying little quirks that gets stuck in my brain!

Help me with this quirk.  According to this website, the single SIM version is not compatible with Public Mobile and the specifications on the Nokia website seem to confirm.  How do you have a single SIM version working on Public Mobile?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jorno wrote:
Help me with this quirk.  According to this website, the single SIM version is not compatible with Public Mobile and the specifications on the Nokia website seem to confirm.  How do you have a single SIM version working on Public Mobile?

Single SIM version is compatible; it is Dual SIM version that is not compatible with Public Mobile. Please, check working frequencies here: click here