cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"transfer in progress"

thegreatswalmi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So i bought a new nokia 3310 3g from the states. everything is working now, but every time i get a phone call, a pop-up pops up saying "transfer in progress" and then i have to hit "ok" before i answer the call. The phone still rings during this time...it's just a weird and annoying thing...i know this isn't a common phone but if anyone has a solution that'd be dynamite

31 REPLIES 31

BrendanMD

Just click the pickup button. When I click “OK”, that is the center button, the phone also picks up. Should mention I have finally “upgraded” to an iphone. Eyes too crappy to read the tiny numbers and letters now. Will still hold on to it for camping or detox. With a spare battery, you are good for a week or more or light use, and the battery is so easy to change. But progress finally ground me down and as of tomorrow it will be iphone8…. sigh…. I miss simpler technologies, like the land-line. 

BrendanMD

Nope. 

dbholte

Did anyone ever figure this out?

BrendanMD

Cheaper than a landline, and not much choice in dumb phones in this country. And all cell plans designed to screw, even this one. It is all “hey, just a few more bucks baby and l’ll do this for you...”

thegreatswalmi

@Anonymous wrote:

@thegreatswalmi wrote:

not sure I'd buy it again, that's for sure. it has been good for digital detox tho!

Digital detox lol

Hey there's still wifi to get your fix. 🙂

Not on this phone!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thegreatswalmi wrote:

not sure I'd buy it again, that's for sure. it has been good for digital detox tho!

Digital detox lol

Hey there's still wifi to get your fix. 🙂

thegreatswalmi

BrendanMD

Meh. Oh well. I agree. Must be some b/s between Telus and PublicMobile. Google only gives a few relevant results, including this thread,and none of them have answers other than the problem may go away with different carriers. I do find it strange that apps can not deleted from this phone. But hell, it is a dumb phone after all.

thegreatswalmi

never did get it sorted...i wondered if it was a telus/public mobile thing, since when i travel to the states and am roaming with an add on i don't get that message!

BrendanMD

I am having the same annoying problem. Has anyone ever found a solution? I was wondering if the phone was confused between the mobile and mobile MMS APNs.

thegreatswalmi

@Jorno thanks for submitting that! i went through a serious rigamorle setting up apn settings because of that! i think the major problem is that there are so many variants of the phone and instead of using model numbers on the apn site they use just the phone name. the US version single sim is compatible whereas the international single sim is not, and vice versa for dual sim. whew!

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LEGO wrote:

Single SIM version is compatible; it is Dual SIM version that is not compatible with Public Mobile. Please, check working frequencies here: click here

Thanks, @LEGO.  I submitted a comment to apn-canada.gishan.net to update their compatibility listing.  Can I blame late-night posting for me misreading the Nokia website? Smiley Embarassed

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jorno wrote:
Help me with this quirk.  According to this website, the single SIM version is not compatible with Public Mobile and the specifications on the Nokia website seem to confirm.  How do you have a single SIM version working on Public Mobile?

Single SIM version is compatible; it is Dual SIM version that is not compatible with Public Mobile. Please, check working frequencies here: click here

Jorno

@thegreatswalmi wrote:

Excellent thoughts, all, and thanks for trying. I have the single sim version and have turned call forwarding off. 

I appreciate the effort. it's one of those annoying little quirks that gets stuck in my brain!

Help me with this quirk.  According to this website, the single SIM version is not compatible with Public Mobile and the specifications on the Nokia website seem to confirm.  How do you have a single SIM version working on Public Mobile?

thegreatswalmi

pressing "ok" removes the dialogue and then i can answer the call. alternately, i can press the button that answers the call, talk, and then when i hang up the dialogue is still there and then i can hit "ok". like i said it's not so much a problem as a quandry...

Jorno

@thegreatswalmi wrote:

So i bought a new nokia 3310 3g from the states. everything is working now, but every time i get a phone call, a pop-up pops up saying "transfer in progress" and then i have to hit "ok" before i answer the call. The phone still rings during this time...it's just a weird and annoying thing...i know this isn't a common phone but if anyone has a solution that'd be dynamite

To clarify, does selecting "ok" answer the call or must you then press the "answer button" to answer the call?

thegreatswalmi

@anya haha join the club!!! my poor little phone is probably dizzy from all the rebooting 🙂

anya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@thegreatswalmi ok, this is bugging me now 😉. Try a reboot? (after turning off the forwarding).

thegreatswalmi

@anya I do have a number forwarded to mine (for work) but i'm getting the message even when people call my direct number (non-work). i turned off the forwarding at work to see if anything changed, but sadly, out of luck.

anya

@thegreatswalmi Do you use a VoIP apps? Google Voice? Could you have any other number forwarded to yours?

thegreatswalmi

bluetooth is turned off and finished a factory reset this morning with no change. 

Thanks all for your help. may be something i just have to live with. now getting my received sms timestamps to be in mountain instead of est... 🙂

MacMe

Did you try a factory reset?  Remember to save any of your data before doing it (phone numbers. pictures, etc).

Jorno

Any chance bluetooth is on and the phone is trying to transfer the call to a previously paired bluetooth device?

thegreatswalmi

@koimr1 great suggestions! i hate being the only one with the problem 🙂

I turned off forwarding in the settings as well as dialling #004# which gave me the "forwarding off" message. I tried my wife's sim (public mobile) with no change. removed the sd card with no change. moved the address book, fiddled with internal file structures (non-destructively) and changed as many settings as i could think of without effect.

AARGHH!!! 🙂

koimr1

@thegreatswalmi wrote:

Excellent thoughts, all, and thanks for trying. I have the single sim version and have turned call forwarding off. 

I appreciate the effort. it's one of those annoying little quirks that gets stuck in my brain!

This would drive me bonkers and like the others can't find anyone else with this problem.

With that said, you said call forwarding is off. Did you do that via the dialer (you dialed the code to disable) or within the settings of the phone?

I know you have a single SIM variant but perhaps it still has options for the non-existent second SIM card and there's something not set in there properly?

Get the most out of the two SIM cards (dual SIM phones)

You've probably checked that (it's not a huge instruction manual) but just in case.

Do you have access to another SIM card that you can try? Preferably from another carrier?

Ugh that would drive me crazy. Hopefully for your sake and to maintain your sanity, you find a resolution!!!

thegreatswalmi

LEGO

@thegreatswalmi

Since there are two variants of this phone, does your phone have a dual SIM cards? Are you using two SIM cards in your phone? If you do OR you did before, try to cancel Calls Forwarding between two SIM cards.

1.jpg

anya

@thegreatswalmi, just a guess but, in call settings>call transfer...is anything set to forward or transfer? If so, try removing the setting. 

thegreatswalmi

thanks. those were my first resorts too 😞 nokia support didn't help either.

Need Help? Let's chat.