cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unknown" displayed for incoming calls

Kimmy123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just signed up for PM, happy with everything so far however I have one problem I need help with. All incoming calls are displayed unknown (no phone number displayed) except for incoming calls from landlines which display the number. Any suggestions? I have a Huawei Y300 ascend phone. Thanks for your time 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

Johnc2780
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If the call is coming from a mobile phone, the person calling's contactname and phone number must be in your contact list, otherwise the number will show but not the name. 

@Kimmy123 You are welcome . The factory reset is a good idea. Please post here and let us know if it works. Thanks. 

@Kimmy123 wrote:

Thanks everyone for your input.

Everyone who has called are people I know so none of these people are blocking their number. Landline numbers are appearing everytime and all cell phones calling are not. I tried turning the phone off and removing the sim for 5 minutes but that didn't work. I did message a moderator and they said the issue is not on PM end so there is nothing they can do to fix it. I was with Bell before I switched and didn't have this issue. I'll try the factory reset and see if that works. Thanks again for you help, appreaciate it 🙂

Kimmy123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone for your input.

Everyone who has called are people I know so none of these people are blocking their number. Landline numbers are appearing everytime and all cell phones calling are not. I tried turning the phone off and removing the sim for 5 minutes but that didn't work. I did message a moderator and they said the issue is not on PM end so there is nothing they can do to fix it. I was with Bell before I switched and didn't have this issue. I'll try the factory reset and see if that works. Thanks again for you help, appreaciate it 🙂

@gblackma wrote:

@Kimmy123 Did you port your number?  Your port may not be complete yet. Turn the phone off, remove the SIM, wait 5 minutes, replace it and restart your phone .If this doesn't work use @sweden06 suggestion and contact a moderator. 

Number porting doesn't affect call display services, whether outgoing or incoiming. If the any number port wasn't finish, the incoming calls wouldn't be coming through at all.

@Kimmy123 wrote:

Just signed up for PM, happy with everything so far however I have one problem I need help with. All incoming calls are displayed unknown (no phone number displayed) except for incoming calls from landlines which display the number. Any suggestions? I have a Huawei Y300 ascend phone. Thanks for your time 🙂

How many people from different numbers have called you and with it showing unknown caller?  It's all cell phones calling you that say unknown?  Yes, some people could have blocked their numbers, but find it unlikely that all have. I'm leaning slightly towards a account provisioning issue.  If all else fails, back up and make sure that you have a copy that you want to keep and factory reset your phone. After doing that, see if the incoming call display starts working again.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There could be an issue with the phone app or callers have blocked their numbers from being displayed. 

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't know what could cause this. Maybe one of the Oracles here can help with that. 

What you can definitely do is reach out to a Moderator (question mark in the bottom right corner). They are very responsive and will send you an email in your comminuty account here.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Kimmy123 Did you port your number?  Your port may not be complete yet. Turn the phone off, remove the SIM, wait 5 minutes, replace it and restart your phone .If this doesn't work use @sweden06 suggestion and contact a moderator. 

@Kimmy123 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.