cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No mobile data service"

jgho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm getting the error message "No mobile data service. Temporarily turned off by your operator for Sim 1". Phone and text work fine but mobile data doesn't work.   I've used less than 100MB of my 5GB limit.

I rooted my phone (Redmi Note 5 Pro) and flashed the ROM to Pixel Experience about two weeks ago. Things have worked well until last night. Before rooting the phone had been working fine on Public Mobile for over a year.

Any ideas on troubleshooting this? I checked the APN settings and they appear to be correct. I've also rebooted the phone several times and reset the SIM.

Thanks,

Jon

9 REPLIES 9

JDiggs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This did not work!

I am getting constant notification alarms with this problem and it is getting rather annoying. If anyone has a solution to this, that would be great.

JDiggs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For phones that use a different language in the settings, the 3G only setting would also read as WCDMA only. I just changed it, and have yet to get a notification. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

.  @Alan_K, someone else who doesn't understand marketing gimmicks!  @srlawren, want to comment?

@stonechucker I may have to let that crusade go. @Alan_K doesn't seem to care about the confusion in the product name.  Honestly, there's probably bigger fish to fry right now (how about that moderator response time, @Alan_K ????)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Double-check your device for a data limit set.  It might have turned on.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Do you have an LTE plan or 3G? If 3g try, setting the phone to 3g only. Here's a link to a similar issue. It may help with your issue as well if it's an operating system issue.

https://thecellguide.com/how-to-fix-mobile-data-issues-on-google-pixel-575 

This may help get service, but the plans are all LTE at Public Mobile.  3G speed plans are lower speed LTE.  @Alan_K, someone else who doesn't understand marketing gimmicks!  @srlawren, want to comment?

jgho

Thanks for your reply. I tried various settings as suggested without any luck. Think I might just reflash the firmware.

Do you have an LTE plan or 3G? If 3g try, setting the phone to 3g only. Here's a link to a similar issue. It may help with your issue as well if it's an operating system issue.

https://thecellguide.com/how-to-fix-mobile-data-issues-on-google-pixel-575 

jgho

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I'll reflash to the original ROM if I can't fix it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jgho wrote:

Hello,

I'm getting the error message "No mobile data service. Temporarily turned off by your operator for Sim 1". Phone and text work fine but mobile data doesn't work.   I've used less than 100MB of my 5GB limit.

I rooted my phone (Redmi Note 5 Pro) and flashed the ROM to Pixel Experience about two weeks ago. Things have worked well until last night. Before rooting the phone had been working fine on Public Mobile for over a year.

Any ideas on troubleshooting this? I checked the APN settings and they appear to be correct. I've also rebooted the phone several times and reset the SIM.

Thanks,

Jon

@jgho  Yes, flash the original firmware back.

Need Help? Let's chat.