cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No SIM" in iPhone 6s

dave8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used the sim card in iPhone 6s for a few month but now it shows "NO SIM". I may just miss some software setting but need help here.

I come back from another country on March 18th and use "airplane mode" when aboard. The last text message I got from public mobile is on March 20th.

The public mobile sim card works fine in another android phone.

I also can use the different Rogers SIM card in this iPhone 6s.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

dave8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try this but doesn't help.

1. Press and hold down the ‌iPhone‌'s Sleep/Wake button on the right side of the handset.
  2. With the Sleep/Wake button still held down, press and hold the Home button on the front of the handset.
  3. Continue to hold both buttons while the display remains blank, until it comes back on with the Apple logo showing.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@dave8 Take out sim. Turn on your phone. Turn phone off. Wait a little. Put the sim inside, and turn phone one. Such hard reboot should help. Tell is the result, please.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dave8 why not switch the SIMs in the 2 phones? Kidding. Try using this method to push through the changes and to confirm and reset the SIM sync to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered)

Disconnect and reboot. From @luddite.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dave8 

Restart your iPhone 6s with PM SIM card insert.

Here is Apple.com support how to fix the NO SIM issue.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201420

Need Help? Let's chat.