cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to download attachment from multimedia message. Try again later." - S9

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Hi .. Since probably last week I got the following message keep poping up on my phone out of no where.. like when I am browsing.. when i am on video:

"Failed to download attachment from multimedia message. Try again later."

I search the forum and someone say it has something to do with SMS/MMS.  Some ppl suggests to load money into the account, but mine is auto-debit already.. so, no money might not be an issue?

Someone said moderator has to do something on my account.. but how to engage moderator?  

hope someone can help

thanks

5 REPLIES 5

EllenS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This worked for me!

@softech

APN Settings

APN sp.mb.com

MMSC http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy 74.49.0.18

MMS port 80

MCC 302

MNC 220

APN type default,mms

(restart)

Cellular Data ON

MMS attachment placeholders should become active when clicked. They may be irrecoverable if left pending on network for too long.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@softech , don't worry about paying for data to get MMS.  It uses unmetered data.  But as already mentioned, mobile data needs to be turned on to receive MMS.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@softech  what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks. If you are browsing the internet, while getting the message, then your data is turned on. Try adding mms to this APN setting

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun and saving it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech 

Sounds like your phone has received an MMS. The phone needs to be in cell data mode to receive it though. Make sure your OS and app updates are set to not update when in cell data and then turn on your cell data and the MMS should come down.

Need Help? Let's chat.