cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to download attachment from multimedia message. Try again later."

dlovestoshare
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First off, I had an issue resolved by a Moderator exactly 30 days prior to this new issue which to me, seems suspiciously involved but nevertheless will make the effort to resolve it first through the recommended method, ie these message boards.

The subject line is the response from my phone when I receive a image via MMS but does not download. I also have lost the capability to send images via MMS on the phone, Galaxy s5 neo, and neverendingly attempts to send the image.

I have checked the settings involving both SMS and MMS though found nothing abnormal. I have not changed any settings nor installed any new apps recently. I have tried to restart the phone, sending and having others try to send me images.

When my bro gets home, I will try my SIM in his phone but my feeling is that this issue is again "a network issue" and have yet again stumbled upon another "glitch" in the system.

If anyone is interested in the previous issues that where resolved on Oct 20th, here is a link to that thread...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Not-receiving-inbound-sms-text/m-p/298488...

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dlovestoshare:

If everything's working then leave it alone.

Glad you got it going.

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Take note of the existing APN setting and then change them to the suggested settings. Its only time lol glad you are up and running, Have a great day Cheers Lemew

dlovestoshare

@RobertQc wrote: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

I followed the instructions via the link originally posted by @Dunkman...

Account > My Plan & Add-ons > Lost/Stolen Phone

"Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account and logout.  Wait 5-10 minutes.  Re-login and report phone found.  Reboot your phone.  This seems to reset your SIM card and hopefully activates your plan/account."

... and this seems to have resolved the issue.

Going to have to remember this one!!!

Interestingly, now that I check the APN settings, the following are different than this links...

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

My settings... 

MMS proxy = mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS proxy port = (was not listed)

Should I leave these settings as is or enter the link's suggested settings?

Thanks to you all. Heart

dlovestoshare

@Anonymous wrote:

My MMS works fine. Android 8.1 seems to be the real culprit.

My Android version is 7.0

dlovestoshare

@Nechama wrote:

a regular plan

Not sure what that means as my plan is as simple as it comes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nechama wrote:

the same thing happened to me. I wasn't able to get any pictures to send or receive, any attachments said "download" . I googled and you tubed and did everything I was told to do with no luck. 

finally I brought it into a store, in the mall, to see what the issue was. 

He said I am not the first one to ask, the issue is Public Mobile doesn't work properly! 

So I switched to a regular plan, and guess what? I can get pictures and attachements again. 

my advise? switch to a regular plan. 

What do you mean "regular plan"? Do you mean a different company?

My MMS works fine. Android 8.1 seems to be the real culprit.

Nechama
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the same thing happened to me. I wasn't able to get any pictures to send or receive, any attachments said "download" . I googled and you tubed and did everything I was told to do with no luck. 

finally I brought it into a store, in the mall, to see what the issue was. 

He said I am not the first one to ask, the issue is Public Mobile doesn't work properly! 

So I switched to a regular plan, and guess what? I can get pictures and attachements again. 

my advise? switch to a regular plan. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@dlovestoshareSince last time you had an issue when the moderator team "refreshed the provisioning" and it solved the issue I suggest trying this trick outlned here (click the link below and follow the steps). The lost/stolen trick seems to solve a handful of different issues. You never know it may solve your issue, no harm in trying.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The most common problem for MMS not working is that you need to update the APN settings/search for the network manually.

In your phone settings under Mobile Network --> Carrier --> select Manually search for network and click on Public Mobile

For APN, it would be under Mobile Network --> Access Point Names

Add a new APN and enter the Public Mobile details -->https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

It's definitly worth a shot to triple check the APN.

If the other sim card in your phone makes MMS work, a factory reset I suggest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dlovestoshare wrote:

First off, I had an issue resolved by a Moderator exactly 30 days prior to this new issue which to me, seems suspiciously involved but nevertheless will make the effort to resolve it first through the recommended method, ie these message boards.

The subject line is the response from my phone when I receive a image via MMS but does not download. I also have lost the capability to send images via MMS on the phone, Galaxy s5 neo, and neverendingly attempts to send the image.

I have checked the settings involving both SMS and MMS though found nothing abnormal. I have not changed any settings nor installed any new apps recently. I have tried to restart the phone, sending and having others try to send me images.

When my bro gets home, I will try my SIM in his phone but my feeling is that this issue is again "a network issue" and have yet again stumbled upon another "glitch" in the system.

If anyone is interested in the previous issues that where resolved on Oct 20th, here is a link to that thread...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Not-receiving-inbound-sms-text/m-p/298488...

Just to cover the obvious...you have cell data on right? Even if you don't have data in your plan, it needs to be on to tx/rx MMS.

Then of course checking the APN settings.

Did this just start? Has it ever worked with this phone on Public Mobile?

Edit:  @dlovestoshare: Did your phone perchance get upgraded to 8.1? The APN seems to get in trouble and is difficult to work with.

Need Help? Let's chat.