Did you mean: 

purchas a phone

martha1508
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

do you sell phones?

9 REPLIES 9

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@martha1508, thank goodness they don't. that'll probably increase our prices then, more overhead, and expenses.

Some people here love Umidigi phones. I know a few of us and I have Asus Zenfones. Some have Android, iPhones to Samsung, Motorola, LG, and so on.

I wouldn't recommend buying a used one, not knowing if it's a stolen phone. I guess if you asked nicely in the lounge discussion if somebody has an older phone you can have, maybe something you do to save a few bucks. I would have given you my old phones, but my kids love playing with my old phones, and dang, they are so rough with them! I baby my phones, and in one day, they drop-kick the phones across the room! 

Consider looking at Amazon.ca for unlocked phones. Even Staples have them. It really depends on what you want to use it for. My Asus phone was great on RAM, storage and a great camera. While others want a great display, Dual SIM card slots. Sometimes price isn't the best option...it's like getting a lemon. Cheaper prices don't mean quality to me. 

Ayoubm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

PM does not sell phones.

You can use this web site

https://willmyphonework.net/

To validate if your own phone or your new phone will work fine with PM.

Good luck 

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@martha1508 wrote:

do you sell phones?

PM doesnt sell any phones, and that can be a good thing or a bad thing. the good thing with that is that it greatly reduces the price of the plans which benefits us end-users. it will be cheaper to buy your phone outright and then bring it in to PM.

@JoyLuck That website is useful but often out of date. So, best used in combination with PM's network specs:

• 4G LTE/LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz; 2100 MHz downlink with 1700 MHz uplink (AWS). PM throttles speed on these to 3 mbps except for the data only plan.

• HSPA (3G): 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS). N.B. A phone MUST support these frequencies for calls to work. Texting and data also work on these frequencies.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@martha1508 

Public mobile does not sell any phones whatsoever. That is one of the reasons why plans here are cheaper then other places like Rogers, BELL, Telus and even Koodo, Fido and Virgin. 

You need to already have an UNLOCKED phone and bring it here. Its a Bring your own phone service. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@martha1508 

Public Mobile is a bring your own phone carrier. If you want to purchase a phone you can pick one up on Amazon, or even go to the Telus website to purchase a phone from them. Public runs on the Telus network so any of those phones would work with Public Mobile. 

They even have some pre-owned phones they give a 1-year warranty for.

or even find a phone on their site then go to another site to purchase it. 

https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@martha1508  no they don't that's one of the things that keep overhead down hence the lower prices😁

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Bring your own phone unfortunately (if you don't have one).

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

PM does not sell phones.

You can use this site to ensure any phone purchase will work with PM.

https://willmyphonework.net/

Need Help? Let's chat.