cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems

abassm1998
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i have problem i can call and send masseges but no one can call me or text me how can i solve that? and what is the problem?

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@abassm1998 wrote:

i have problem i can call and send masseges but no one can call me or text me how can i solve that? and what is the problem?

If you just port your number from other provider, this is the detailed explanation why you cannot receive calls or texts.

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.  If your old SIM card is still working, you can continue to use it until it stops working.  Then, switch to use your new PM SIM card as your port is completed.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@abassm1998 Seemed your porting is not completed yet. Once it is done, you will receive a text message to notify you the porting is done! Welcome to PM!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@abassm1998 wrote:

Did you just recently sign up and activate and transfer a number from a previous provider?

If so then these things can take some time. If so you can keep using your old SIM until it stops working at which point that should be how you know the new SIM should be ready.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you just port over an old phone number?

Need Help? Let's chat.