cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting number

smith811
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

can anyone help. i ported my previous number at 11am this morning to public mobile and i still cant recieve calls  texting and data work and i can call out but cant reiceve ? anyone knkow why  thanks

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@smith811 if this is still an issue for you, I have a potentially dumb question:  have you tried rebooting your phone? This seems to be a necessary step with some phone models after the porting process completes.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@smith811 wrote:

can anyone help. i ported my previous number at 11am this morning to public mobile and i still cant recieve calls  texting and data work and i can call out but cant reiceve ? anyone knkow why  thanks

The first thing you should do is check to see where your incoming phone calls are ending up.  I'm willing to bet that if you call your number (or have someone call it), that the calls are still going to your old carrier's service. If that is what is happening, that means that your phone number has not ported over, either because it just isn't complete, or because the request failed.

Before you contact Public Mobile's moderators, do yourself a favor and make sure that you have your account number from your old provider handy.  You'll want to include that information as part of your message to the Public Mobile mods.

smith811
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how do i send a privet message to the mods? thanks you 

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@smith811 wrote:

Sometimes the port gets stuck during installation. Have you tried powering your phone off and or the lost found trick. You have loged on to your selfserve account and your account is active? If yess to the above you will need to send a private message to the Mods include your phone number PM act number and 4 digit pin. Respose times have been okay. Good luck Lemew

Need Help? Let's chat.