cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poco F3 Global version having problem with Signal reception.

ronmcmathew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bought a brand new Poco f3 global version a month ago and since then having trouble with network. The reception is so bad that most of the time the phone shows ' No service's. I have used the same SIM before on a pixel 4A and never once had a network issue. This is what so far I have tried

1. Changed the sim from dual sim 1 to 2

2. Changed APN and checked all bearer settings.

3. Reset network

4. Changed LTE to 3g

5. Factory reset the phone

After all that I am still having bad reception. Looking desperately for help before I give up my PM account to another provider.

8 REPLIES 8

@bharris wrote:

Bumping this hoping someone has found a solution. I believe that the 5g chipset in these phones does not work properly with 3g towers here is Canada on Public Mobile (Bell and Telus). While it does work, it isn't very well.

HI @bharris 

So, is it not working well or not working at all?

What exact model number is yours?

You updated to the latest OS offered?

Did you try SIM from other providers and you get better experience?

bharris
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bumping this hoping someone has found a solution. I believe that the 5g chipset in these phones does not work properly with 3g towers here is Canada on Public Mobile (Bell and Telus). While it does work, it isn't very well.

awong1602
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in the same situation with Poco F3 except on Telus (which is almost the same thing).  I have tried all the same ideas as ronmcmathew in addition to replacing the sim card.  I installed that app that was suggested on this thread.  I can see the Poco bouncing around different frequencies then eventually completely dropping and starting over while i'm just sitting at my desk.  it will cycle through this every 2min.  Band 2 is strong (green).  Band 4 is decent (yellow), Band 7 is "weak to zero signal" (orange/red).  I was driving for 5 min and the signal dropped to zero THREE TIMES !!

Added twist, I bought a new Mi 11 lite 5g (arrived Jan 2022) hoping that would fix the problem.  it doesnt !    so its either an issue with the phone or Telus doesnt like these gray market phones.

Actually i think these phones might just have issues with Band 7, and the software needs to stop aggressively scanning when it has strong signal.

MIUI is coming out with an update on Jan 26th, 2022.  Hopefully that will address some of it ?
Also gonna try a different provider.... maybe a Rogers/GSM type provider?

bharris
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anyone found a solution to this. Even with a good signal the 4g /3g speeds are extremely low. Miui 12.5.4 Poco f3 global

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

Specs say it's a dual SIM device. Have you tried the SIM in the other slot?

https://www.po.co/global/poco-f3/specs

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ronmcmathew , install this app and try to do some monitoring on the network connection.  See how the signal strength correlates to towers proximity.  There could be issues with the antenna on your phone.  I would not bother with changing from LTE to 3G.  The phone should change automatically to yield a good connection.  APN settings has no impact on signal strength.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wilysis.cellinfolite

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ronmcmathew : Can you post a full model name/number. It sounds like the phone is not compatible. Or you're in MB.

Calls in/out? Texts in/out? Internet?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@ronmcmathew   Your Poco F3 phone actually have all the bands PM needs.

Which city and province you area at?  I wonder if it is an issue with the area.

did you try SIM from another provider (like from your friend) and see if it reception is good?  It could also be a device issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.