cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone wont work with sim card

saw2165
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

everytime i try and make a call it just says not regestered with a network but i am with public moble what can be wrong

13 REPLIES 13

@allpixelated wrote:

Could be a bad sim card, I had the same problem when i signed up. Try using a different card it should work.

Fortunately, the member saw2165 has already said that everything is working.

allpixelated
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could be a bad sim card, I had the same problem when i signed up. Try using a different card it should work.

allpixelated
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I had the same problem when I signed up, I tried everything and found out it was a bad sim card, if you buy another sim im sure the moderators will reimburse you. Have a nice day

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@saw2165 wrote:

thank you i restarted my phone now  it works perfect thank you so much

This problem will not happen with old phones with renewable battery and SIM card slot is under battery.  In order to change SIM card, battery must be removed to ensure a phone restart.

Nowadays, new phones does not have removable battery and the SIM slot is access from the side.  People will continue to have the same problem.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@GR wrote:

@saw2165  glad it works,  sometimes all it needs is a restart! 

It's always nice when it's a simple fix:)

GR
Mayor / Maire

@saw2165  glad it works,  sometimes all it needs is a restart! 

saw2165

thank you i restarted my phone now  it works perfect thank you so much

@saw2165 wrote:

ok i will try

If the rebooting does not work, try powering off phone and removing the SIM and waiting 5 mins before re-inserting and restarting your phone.

saw2165

ok i will try

saw2165

my phone says mobile network state disconnected

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@saw2165  you've kind of left us in the dark about all the facts surrounding "phone not working"  as @Dunkman  says, please fill us in before anyone can help.  Cheers

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@saw2165 

More details may be helpful:

New account versus old

Porting number over

Locked phone

Model of phone

Did your plan ever work?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@saw2165  can you log in to your self serve account to see if it says active?   And restart your phone to see

Need Help? Let's chat.