cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone was Lost

tc12356
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My cellphone was lost in last week,I already contact the police Office,but still not found,I have my cellphone IMEI code and I want I could lock my device。

9 REPLIES 9

john9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks a lot. I already suspended my account.

@john9Do you use your phone/ phone line for 2 factor authentication for services like banks etc? If so, I would suggest go to your selfserve and lost/suspend your account first. Then get a replacement SIM card ASAP and change to your new SIM card. That way your adversary will not be able to access your phone for 2FA purposes. However it also means your phone will loose cell connectivity and the only way it can ping back is for it to automatically connect to wifi if you have set it to do so.

john9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed into my google account and checked " USE THE PHONE TO SIGN IN " -OFF. I was afraid that the person who stole my phone may acess my emails.

Will I be able to track the phone even after disabling " Use the phone to sing in" option? 

@tc12356,as with the option mentioned earlier about disabling the device, if it's and Android or Apple device, there's also an option of if the device ever connects to the internet, a full factory reset would be done so that the person can't access your information.  Unfortuantely, if the phone has a removeable memory card in it, these steps would not preven the person from accessing files on the the storage card.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tc12356 wrote:

My cellphone was lost in last week,I already contact the police Office,but still not found,I have my cellphone IMEI code and I want I could lock my device。

@tc12356  What is the make model of your phone? Depending on your phone you might be able to use location services to locate and or disable your phone remotely.

If you have an Android phone and a Google account please click yhe following link.

https://youtu.be/Kic-A51Wqgk

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tc12356 , to put the phone on the blacklist, you will need to contact the moderator team.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.  Don't forget to declare lost phone on your account also to lock down the service.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tc12356 wrote:

You can log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / Lost-Stolen..then Suspend service until it's found. Account will be permanantly closed if not found within 90 days.

Remove your credit card info if it's on your file.

Not sure how to lock your particular phone.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@tc12356 

You can report your phone lost/stolen in your self service account.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab. 

If you are unable to access your self service account, you can try to reset the password.  If that does not work, you will need to contact moderator with your request.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.