cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone stopped working today

Bcbeanies
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone stopped working today around 10am this morning. I do not know why this happened and I need to know what happened. Please email back at xxxxxx

I do not have a phone number to be contacted at right now. 

Edit: email removed by NDesai

11 REPLIES 11

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Bcbeanies If you are still having issues with your phone, please let us know with more details. 

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kb_mv 

I sometimes forget when my cashback card expires so just to be safe, I add one that expires the latest like 2 or 3 years ahead of time. As an example, if the post is delayed I would be out of luck if they mail it too late so I play it safe and add a card the expires at the latest.

@kb_mv 

It is definitely not the case that you cannot use almost expired card, I was witness of using the card 3 weeks before expiry making large sum payment giving room of 6 months to obtain a new one. It worked with no problems. I'm sure they could also be getting vouchers but I believe they got the new card by then.

@Helpershelper I have even seen a non reloadable prepaid visa with $2.06 being registered for autopay with success. Sims people have hard time getting credit cards or talking family members to trust them with it or even registering it in web someplace they never heard of. This place is very friendly for people who need to budget, such requirement would be pretty far off

@Helpershelper wrote:

@Bcbeanies 

I can understand your frustration with this. if you’re suddenly unable to make calls for example I can suggest some troubleshooting steps. Let's first make sure you have an active paid for plan and that you have auto-pay enabled with a credit card that isn’t expiring for at least a year.

@Helpershelper I'm curious why you would need a credit card that isn't expiring for at least a year. My CC company only sends me a new card a month or two before my old one expires. Would I be out of luck? Just curious as I haven't seen this advice before.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Bcbeanies wrote:

My phone stopped working today around 10am this morning. I do not know why this happened and I need to know what happened. Please email back at xxxxxx

Edit: email removed by NDesai

Hi @Bcbeanies What do you mean by your phone stopped working?  You mean dead, like the battery was fully discharged?  Try recharging your phone.  Get hold of another phone and call your number and tell us what you hear.  What kind of phone do you have?  Perhaps it's time to buy a new one?  Please give us more info to help us help you.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Bcbeanies 

I can understand your frustration with this. if you’re suddenly unable to make calls for example I can suggest some troubleshooting steps. Let's first make sure you have an active paid for plan and that you have auto-pay enabled with a credit card that isn’t expiring for at least a year.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Make-a-Payment/

Try the lost/stolen feature. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from the top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from the next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone. Also, try adding a $1 payment.

If your actual phone is acting weird, try turning it off for 10 seconds then back on. Updating your phone's OS can also help.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

To contact mods you can send message here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

You can share sensitive information only with them through private message

They may take couple of hours or even up to 48 hours to respond, so it's important that you try to check your account first, if account is ok, try using somebody else's phone, if you don't have one you can go to telus or Koodo store and ask them borrow one to check to sim

@Bcbeanies wrote:

Please note that customer service is not provided by e-mail. There is a way to talk to support thorugh this website. By any chance, were you set for an overnight renewal?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can you login to your account

If you can please check your sim number against the one in account if different report it stolen change your password and contact mods asap

If not, what happens when you call your number

Use TextNow it fongo for alternative number

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Bcbeanies ,

Try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Also, check to see if the last four digits of your SIM card match the four digits of your SIM card listed on your SELF SERVE account found here, under "Change Sim Card":

esjliv_0-1596590590569.png

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Bcbeanies When you say your phone stopped working, do you mean you do not have any service? What is your account status? Have you tried rebooting your phone? Please provide more details so we can assist. 

Need Help? Let's chat.