cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone says no service

vimclean
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

phone says no service yet logging into the account says that there is an active plan with call, text and data.  Tried resetting phone and testing settings. still doesnt work. phone number matches and name and address matches

53 REPLIES 53

@RaEmilyNoah   first of all, reboot the phone once

what is it showing on the status bar?  did it show connected?

Also, can you login to My Account and confirm if the Status is Active?

RaEmilyNoah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have no phone service.  I am not a techie. I just want my phone to work.  My account is up to date

ShaneNelson

Thats my hope by the time they ever respond 

@ShaneNelson wrote:

But i have been paying for service for 3 days yet have no service this is wrong

@ShaneNelson  PM should credit your account for the 3 days or ask them to change your renewal by whatever the amount of days it takes to fix.

ShaneNelson

But i have been paying for service for 3 days yet have no service this is wrong

@ShaneNelson wrote:

Still does not work and still have not heard from anyone has now been 48 hrs. tbis is horrible customer service

@ShaneNelson  Unfortunately you will have to wait from a response from the moderator because more than likely your account was not provisioned properly and they will have to reset it from their end.

ShaneNelson

Still does not work and still have not heard from anyone has now been 48 hrs. tbis is horrible customer service

@ShaneNelson 

Sorry, you will need to wait for moderators.  

Unfortunately, it seems like the waittimes are longer than normal.  Several issues the last few days. Hopefully, moderators will get back to you today sometime.  

ShaneNelson

tried it and didnt work

@ShaneNelson 

Not sure whether you want to try this.  I have seen it used  once or twice in the past in the community forum.  

Replace your SIM number, but when you do replace, use the same number as present.  Bascially re-entering your SIM card number.  May "reconnect" your SIM card.  Again, a shot in the dark.  It should do no harm to your plan.  No guarantees that it will work.  

Maybe toggle your airplane mode on.  Wait a few minutes.  Then toggle off.  

24/48 hours they usually respond. However with system issues last few days it might be a bit longer.

ShaneNelson

How long should it take

Unfortunately seems like you tried all the suggestions that has been provided.

Only thing is to wait for Moderators to respond to you. 

ShaneNelson

Been without a phone for two days is there anything else I can do

ShaneNelson

Tried the lost phone scenario that still didn’t work this morning 611 still tells me I don’t have calling or texting yet my account says I do and I’ve been waiting over 24 hours for a mediator

@ShaneNelson 

@ShaneNelson wrote:

Old sim card does not work....

will try itunes i guess i didnt have to do that for my sons phone though, maybe a sim issue but would have to buy a new one. I have put in a ticket but seems to take forwver to hear back 😞

Sim cards rarely go bad.  If the itunes does not work, unfortunately, you will need to wait for moderator.  

ShaneNelson

Old sim card does not work....

will try itunes i guess i didnt have to do that for my sons phone though, maybe a sim issue but would have to buy a new one. I have put in a ticket but seems to take forwver to hear back 😞

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

I see you posted you already tried those things.

You'd have to open a ticket for moderators to investigate and resolve the issue.Simon.JPG

The only other thing I could think ok happened to someone else today.mthey locked their iphone and it was not working "no service"....cause apparently with iPhones you have to plug it into iTunes for the phone to update.... after they did that phone worked if you want to try plugging it into ITUNES maybe we will be successful otherwise moderators will have to help you. 

Was going to suggest same as dunkman.

Click plans and add-on.

Click lost/stolen phone

Click suspend account

Power down iPhone and pull out sim card.

Wait 15/20 minutes.

Go back to self serve remove suspension that you found your phone..

Put sim back in, turn it on and see if anything works after that

ShaneNelson

Inhave tried both one and two

will try old sim card

@ShaneNelson 

IF you try your old carrier SIM card in the phone, is your old service still working?  

Might want to try two tricks that might re-activate/reset your plan:
1.  Report your phone lost/stolen in self service account.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login.  Report your phone found.

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

2.  Manually add $1 into your balance. 
These actions sometimes will reset your SIM/re-activate account. 

ShaneNelson

Does not work in another phone and my son has public mobile and his works in my phone

@ShaneNelson 

Maybe try your SIM card in another phone.  This help determine whether it is a hardware/phone issue versus Public mobile service problem.  

ShaneNelson

edited by computergeek541: screenshot removed - contains referral code

Can you log into your self serve account and take a screen shot and post it here?

IMPORTANT- ON screen shot please black out your personal infor, name, email , account number , etc

ShaneNelson

when i call out it says talk is not included in my plan same as when i text

ShaneNelson

it worked briefly last night phone one call and one text and then nothing more

ShaneNelson

it does not say 1969 and yes my phone is unlocked

Still not very clear.. you said everything else on phone works but public mobile. We understand that and understand you're having issues but with the vague responses we are not able to provide suggestions to you.

Can you try to answer the questions I asked?

Especially the 1969 one cause that will have to go right to moderators.

You did say iPhone 6 and No service....can you confirm that your phone is UNLOCKED???

Need Help? Let's chat.