cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: phone says no service

tried restarting 6 times, and turning it off, took out sim card, turned it on, then turned off and put sim card back in. network says Public mobile, phone number, Apn, and settings all match public mobiles. account says correct phone number, says data and service active, even has $0.50 credit on account. but when making a phone call says there is no active service. changed sim card to current sim card in phone that was bought originally. still rebooted and still no text, or call or voicemail working.

Highlighted

did lost/found, turned on and off mobile network. still nothing. so at this point will get new sim card since sim card and online account are not talking to each other

Mayor / Maire

@vimclean wrote:

tried restarting 6 times, and turning it off, took out sim card, turned it on, then turned off and put sim card back in. network says Public mobile, phone number, Apn, and settings all match public mobiles. account says correct phone number, says data and service active, even has $0.50 credit on account. but when making a phone call says there is no active service. changed sim card to current sim card in phone that was bought originally. still rebooted and still no text, or call or voicemail working.

Much better! If you go into Change SIM in the self-serve then you can check for the last 4 digits of the card and see if they match. Unfortunately you can't see the whole number. You might try actually typing in the SIM. Don't get old SIM's confused. Why do you have an old SIM?

The other trick is to manually add another $1 into the account and restart the phone. (with a valid SIM)

@vimclean

tried adding some funds now i have a 2.50 credit now i need public mobiles tech team to fix the account. sorry guys but i think this is beyond ur suggestions cause i tried them all

Lets slow this down, and check things out.  How long since you phone has been working?

Have you made any changes to your plan?  Have you switched sims before, did a sim switch cause this problem?

We can assist you.  Please help by answering our questions, all of them.

it finally worked. hadnt worked since tuesday when put load. thanks though everyone.

Mayor / Maire

@vimclean wrote:

it finally worked. hadnt worked since tuesday when put load. thanks though everyone.

@vimclean

Great news. What finally got it going so we can all know?