cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone says no service

vimclean
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

phone says no service yet logging into the account says that there is an active plan with call, text and data.  Tried resetting phone and testing settings. still doesnt work. phone number matches and name and address matches

53 REPLIES 53

ShaneNelson

Everything else on the phone works, but public mobile. I have an iphone 6.I have tried all trouble shooting and still nothing

How about answering a few questions.

What phone do you have?

Does anything work?

Calling out and in?

Text out and in?

Data?

What steps have you tried on your own?

Rebooting phone?

Resetting network settings?

Removing sim card and reinserting?

When you log into self serve account what does the status say?

Does it give you a payment due date of 1969??? This has been an issue since yesterday.

Is there a balance still in your account?

@ShaneNelson wrote:

this didnt for me either

ShaneNelson

this didnt for me either

ShaneNelson

i tried that too

ShaneNelson

new costumer proted number yes yesterday now today nothing works

@ShaneNelson 

Providing more details on your specific situation may help us determine what to do next.  You could even start your own thread.  

New customer versus old?  Ported number? Model phone? etc......

ShaneNelson

This didnt work Now what

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vimclean wrote:

it finally worked. hadnt worked since tuesday when put load. thanks though everyone.

@vimclean

Great news. What finally got it going so we can all know?

vimclean

it finally worked. hadnt worked since tuesday when put load. thanks though everyone.

Lets slow this down, and check things out.  How long since you phone has been working?

Have you made any changes to your plan?  Have you switched sims before, did a sim switch cause this problem?

We can assist you.  Please help by answering our questions, all of them.

vimclean

tried adding some funds now i have a 2.50 credit now i need public mobiles tech team to fix the account. sorry guys but i think this is beyond ur suggestions cause i tried them all

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vimclean wrote:

tried restarting 6 times, and turning it off, took out sim card, turned it on, then turned off and put sim card back in. network says Public mobile, phone number, Apn, and settings all match public mobiles. account says correct phone number, says data and service active, even has $0.50 credit on account. but when making a phone call says there is no active service. changed sim card to current sim card in phone that was bought originally. still rebooted and still no text, or call or voicemail working.

Much better! If you go into Change SIM in the self-serve then you can check for the last 4 digits of the card and see if they match. Unfortunately you can't see the whole number. You might try actually typing in the SIM. Don't get old SIM's confused. Why do you have an old SIM?

The other trick is to manually add another $1 into the account and restart the phone. (with a valid SIM)

@vimclean

vimclean

did lost/found, turned on and off mobile network. still nothing. so at this point will get new sim card since sim card and online account are not talking to each other

vimclean

tried restarting 6 times, and turning it off, took out sim card, turned it on, then turned off and put sim card back in. network says Public mobile, phone number, Apn, and settings all match public mobiles. account says correct phone number, says data and service active, even has $0.50 credit on account. but when making a phone call says there is no active service. changed sim card to current sim card in phone that was bought originally. still rebooted and still no text, or call or voicemail working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vimclean wrote:

service worked on the phone before. probably will go back to the mall and change the sim card

Before what?!

Did you try the lost/stolen suggestion? Seriously. You're maybe thinking "my phone isn't lost man why would I do that". It's a known workaround to kick start the service.

There's yet another trick but let's see what happens with that.

vimclean

service worked on the phone before. probably will go back to the mall and change the sim card

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@vimclean wrote:

phone says no service yet logging into the account says that there is an active plan with call, text and data.  Tried resetting phone and testing settings. still doesnt work. phone number matches and name and address matches

Yes, what phone?

Or try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

If your device worked previously and your account is paid up it would be best to try the advice above. This will "restart" your service and should hopefully get things working again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vimclean wrote:

it worked before

Before what? You've been awfully tight with the verbiage.

Did you check the site?

vimclean

it worked before

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vimclean wrote:

phone says network on public service but when u call out says no service

Check your phone make/model at willmyphonework.net if you can't answer the question.

vimclean

phone says network on public service but when u call out says no service

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vimclean wrote:

Yes, what phone?

Or try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

What phone is it?

Try to go to setting, network search and manually connect to public mobile.  

If network searching doesnt found pubilc mobile, most likely it is not compatible.

Need Help? Let's chat.