cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

phone says no service

phone says no service yet logging into the account says that there is an active plan with call, text and data.  Tried resetting phone and testing settings. still doesnt work. phone number matches and name and address matches

 

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: phone says no service

What phone is it?

Try to go to setting, network search and manually connect to public mobile.  

If network searching doesnt found pubilc mobile, most likely it is not compatible.

Mayor / Maire

Re: phone says no service


@vimclean wrote:

phone says no service yet logging into the account says that there is an active plan with call, text and data.  Tried resetting phone and testing settings. still doesnt work. phone number matches and name and address matches

 


Yes, what phone?

 

Or try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: phone says no service

phone says network on public service but when u call out says no service

Mayor / Maire

Re: phone says no service


@vimclean wrote:

phone says network on public service but when u call out says no service


Check your phone make/model at willmyphonework.net if you can't answer the question.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: phone says no service

it worked before

Mayor / Maire

Re: phone says no service


@vimclean wrote:

it worked before


Before what? You've been awfully tight with the verbiage.

Did you check the site?

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: phone says no service


@z10user4 wrote:

@vimclean wrote:

phone says no service yet logging into the account says that there is an active plan with call, text and data.  Tried resetting phone and testing settings. still doesnt work. phone number matches and name and address matches

 


Yes, what phone?

 

Or try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.


If your device worked previously and your account is paid up it would be best to try the advice above. This will "restart" your service and should hopefully get things working again. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: phone says no service

service worked on the phone before. probably will go back to the mall and change the sim card

Mayor / Maire

Re: phone says no service


@vimclean wrote:

service worked on the phone before. probably will go back to the mall and change the sim card


Before what?!

Did you try the lost/stolen suggestion? Seriously. You're maybe thinking "my phone isn't lost man why would I do that". It's a known workaround to kick start the service.

There's yet another trick but let's see what happens with that.