cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number change

cornan99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Recentely I added another one public mobile for my son. But I thought I made a mistake when I activate new sim card that was I pick the new number. Actually I should have old number porting.

So I am tring to old number porting on current number on web site but faild.

Can you look at my problem? 

2 REPLIES 2

sonatinamegan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think it's suggested that you keep your old service provider while you port your number as you can't port a number thats not in service(which would happen if you canceled your old plan first). Once you port your old number, Public mobile cancels your old plan, so to me, that seems the easiest way to go 🙂

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@cornan99 wrote:

Hi,

Recentely I added another one public mobile for my son. But I thought I made a mistake when I activate new sim card that was I pick the new number. Actually I should have old number porting.

So I am tring to old number porting on current number on web site but faild.

Can you look at my problem? 

Hi Cornan99,

Even though they give you the option of porting your number while activating the new sim, it is best to activate the sim with a new number and when you have confirmed everything is working properly then port your old number. This way if activartion doesn't work you can put the old sim in and use your old number until you sort out activating the new sim.

With that being said, does the new sim work with the new number?

When you say porting the old number failed, what happened? 

I am not a moderator, just trying to help!

Need Help? Let's chat.