phone issue

kush816
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my phone is going straigh to voicemail.

36 REPLIES 36

frostbite

@Dogbert wrote:

Anychance you accidentally put your phone into do not disturb/airplane mode?

Asked almost 5 hours before you by RossN. Third time repeated. No need to repeat again.   Does repeating earn reward?

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anychance you accidentally put your phone into do not disturb/airplane mode?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmooh, I overlooked... Thanks for reminding!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sunflowershine  the poster said the had used  27 minutes about an hour before you posted  2 posts above yours.

sunflowershine

@kush816 $10 plan is 50 minutes (incoming & outgoing) and unlimited incoming texts and 50 outgoing texts. When retrieving voicemails, it counts the minutes too. All calls round up to next minutes (1:30 min = 2 min will be deducted). 

You may check out your usage under My Account. 

mimmo

OK so minutes left in plan. 

Did you try any of the other suggestions?  If so which ones?

Please try pm sim in a differnt phone.

Do your other features work incoming sms? Out going calls? 

kush816

27min

@kush816 wrote:

i have that $10 plan.. incoming call free and 50 txt.. no outgoing calls.. anothe qestion that i have is how you set up voicemail.. 

@kush816  incoming calls are included only with the $15 plan but not the $10 plan. You must have rin out of minutes. To fix just purchase the $5 509 minute addon.

mimmo

@kush816 wrote:

i have that $10 plan.. incoming call free and 50 txt.. no outgoing calls.. anothe qestion that i have is how you set up voicemail.. 

@kush816 incoming calls on the 10$ plan use up minutes.

Can you log into selfserve and say how many minutes are used or if the 50 min talk is still showing?

What do you mean no outgoing calls?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@kush816  you also mentioned incoming calls free I don’t believe they are on the 10 dollar plan

@kush816 @hi remember you use your minutes setting up voicemail on your phone

@kush816 wrote:

SIMON says;
Your voicemail is automatically ready to accept messages. Until you set up your voicemail, the default system greeting will be played. To set up your voicemail:
1. Hold down the 1 key on your phone keypad.This will dial your voicemail access number.
2. Follow the prompts to set up your password, and record your name and personal greeting.

kush816

mimmo

@kush816what plan are you on?  is everything else working data sms, outgoing calls?

do you have the same issues when you put the pm sim in your other phone ?  (you mentioned putting a different sim in your phone, but not viceversa)

this is not likley but could you have enabled call forwarding accedently?

if someone calls you twice right away what happens?

kush816

let me try that

Only other thing I could find, shut down phone. Reseat sim and turn back on. But you probably did that. Message to @CS_Agent is likely necessary.

@kush816 wrote:

everything on phone is fine.. i put another sim card and its ringing

@kush816  Sometimes doing a soft reset using the lost/stolen phone trick will clear up account issues. To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

kush816

everything on phone is fine.. i put another sim card and its ringing

@kush816 wrote:

it was bell they already call me yesterday.. we talk everything was fine.. i mean once i got the  text saying that your number is ported i start using and it was fine.. i was using public mobile yesterday and it was working fine... its not like i just switch and expect to work right away.

@kush816  Check to make sure your phone's do not disturb mode is not turned on.

kush816

and the old sim is not working because theres no service

kush816

it was bell they already call me yesterday.. we talk everything was fine.. i mean once i got the  text saying that your number is ported i start using and it was fine.. i was using public mobile yesterday and it was working fine... its not like i just switch and expect to work right away.

sunflowershine

@kush816 Could you try switching from LTE to 3G network. 

@kush816 wrote:

its already transfere...

@kush816  Did you receive a text from Public Mobile informing you that the number transfer had completed?

Try cycling your airplane mode.

@kush816 

Check the phone settings in case you have accidentally turned on block calls, or do not disturb. Those are usually the culprits.

Then login to voicemail confirm that is also not set to send to voicemail.

kush816

its already transfere...

@kush816 wrote:

yeah.. and i cant even go thru my voicemail 

@kush816Who was your previous provider? A phone port is not immediate your old provider must release you number before you can start receiving calls. Best to continue to use your old sim card until it stops working. Once that happens it means that the port has completed and at that point if you insert your PM sim card you will be able to receive calls.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Use your old sim until porting process is completed. You'll recieve a text from PM when that's done.

kush816

yeah.. it was working fine yesterday but today is different,, its going straigh to my voicemail

Need Help? Let's chat.