Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone compatibility

Ryl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

what can be done if my phone is not compatible with Public Mobile

13 REPLIES 13

@Anonymous 

This is So--stupid it's like they are purposely spreading misinformation and copy&pasting CSA contact on purpose after I apologize!! So--So respectful! Max might coming out next month to prowl around the community!

@Ryl 

Go to your settings>>connections>>mobile networks>>network mode>>3G only

This will work best for you but you can always test your connectivity in autoconnect 4GLTE/3G/2G but staying in 3G will prevent your phone from searching for mostly unavailable frequencies.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ryl 

If you HAVEN'T YET activated, try 'borrowing' someone else's SIM card who is currently using Public Mobile network and see what services work with the device you intend to use.

This way you can be certain before going through the activation process.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ryl : Since the phone has little to no LTE, you might want to change the networks to any of WCDMA, UMTS, HSPA, 3G so that the phone isn't wasting energy trying to connect LTE.

Edit: @Ryl : The previous edit is in fact wrong if the device can't connect to LTE in the first place. So yet more confusion for you.

Ryl

Do i need to change on settings

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ryl : Looks like it would work for talk/text/data on "3G". But very little LTE.

@Ryl 

Your phone does not have bands 2 and 4 for LTE so it will not have 4G LTE service. So it will work but only with 3G services.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ryl 

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

@Ryl 

These are your specs....

Edit: since I can't copy and paste two things at once and pm's frequencies have already been supplied you need the 4G LTE bands 2 and 4 to be fully compatible as I posted below.

echnologyGSM / HSPA / LTE
2G bandsGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (Dual SIM model only)
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bands1, 3, 7, 8, 20

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There are multiple models.  You would need to make sure it is for the global market : JKM-LX1, JKM-LX2, or JKM-LX3.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ryl 

Yes will working with Public Mobile.

visit Here  to you can see full information about your device.

Ryl

Hi,

I have a Huawei Y92019, it is not listed as compatible and wondering if it will work with Public Mobile.

thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ryl : Before we can properly answer that we would want to know the exact make/model/submodel of the phone you're trying to use and what trouble you might be having.

Need Help? Let's chat.