cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone compatibility

alwaysconfused
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just read through all the answers to another poster's question about the galaxy a51 and also did a frequency check and 10 other things to try to figure this out for sure before I buy.  I can't find anything that puts my mind completely at ease so if anyone can look at the attached specs and just say it's good I will complete my buy today.  I feel badly about asking such a similar question but nowhere in my research (that makes sense to me) can I find anything that makes it abundantly clear that this phone will work for me.  It all looked good but the big bold warning at the bottom spooked me!  Sorry again.Screenshot (95).png

7 REPLIES 7

alwaysconfused

Just letting folks know I have my Samsung Galaxy A51 up and working with Public Mobile.  Just popped my sim card out of my Note 4 and into the new A51 and carried on as if nothing ever changed.  Working great.  Thanks for everyone's input.  Hope this helps someone else.

@dabr FYI: the image indicates the phone is not CDMA compatible. CDMA is not used by any Canadian carrier anymore. So, no sweat if that's the limitation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It should be compatible based on these specs.

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a51-9963.php

@alwaysconfused wrote:

Hi  Thanks.  I tried that but as some others pointed out in other posts, the list in not complete and that phone is not on the list.  Some say it works with theirs but of course that doesn't mean I would be buying the exact same one they just bought.  

@alwaysconfused   Of course, you should always do your homework and confirm that the model of phone you're interested in is fully compatible with PM's (Telus) network before going ahead and purchasing. 

Perhaps someone who has that model will be able to confirm this for you before too long.

alwaysconfused

Hi  Thanks.  I tried that but as some others pointed out in other posts, the list in not complete and that phone is not on the list.  Some say it works with theirs but of course that doesn't mean I would be buying the exact same one they just bought.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@alwaysconfused wrote:

I just read through all the answers to another poster's question about the galaxy a51 and also did a frequency check and 10 other things to try to figure this out for sure before I buy.  I can't find anything that puts my mind completely at ease so if anyone can look at the attached specs and just say it's good I will complete my buy today.  I feel badly about asking such a similar question but nowhere in my research (that makes sense to me) can I find anything that makes it abundantly clear that this phone will work for me.  It all looked good but the big bold warning at the bottom spooked me!  Sorry again.Screenshot (95).png

@alwaysconfused   According to a previous thread Galaxy A51 should be compatible with PM's service.  Here's another post on this subject:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Samsung-Galaxy-A51/m-p/572607

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You should use the phone compatibility tool find by clicking get started at the bottom of page. Also here is the link:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started 

Need Help? Let's chat.