cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone compatibility

valeria
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I wonder if the moto g8 plus or g8 power are compatible with public mobile .

Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5

lcarol
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you! Not sure I understand all the technical stuff but I'll take a look at it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lcarol wrote:

Would you mind letting me know how you know these phones are compatible please? IE, do you own either one? I'm just wondering because they're not in the compatible list but that may be just because they're new? Thanks!

@lcarol 

Since you've been to the compatibility page and not found a particular phone, you can then also click on the Disclaimer arrow to open up some details. In there you'll see what Public Mobile wants.

Then you go to the manufacturer site and check the phone there for what Public Mobile wants.

If still unclear then you can go to online references like above or gsmarena.com or phonearena.com and see what those references say.

You can think of HSPA and UMTS and WCDMA as 3G. But don't look at a line saying just GSM when looking for frequencies.

I just picked the first one on the list to show.

compatible.JPG

@lcarol  I seen your other post on another thread about the G8 power.

The compatibility list is manually updated by PM. That's why it's not on there yet.

All models of the g8 power are compatible.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA/motorola-moto-g8-power

Screenshot_20201003_074922.jpg

lcarol
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Would you mind letting me know how you know these phones are compatible please? IE, do you own either one? I'm just wondering because they're not in the compatible list but that may be just because they're new? Thanks!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@valeria , both phones are compatible with this service.

Need Help? Let's chat.