cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone calls not coming in

nospare
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new customer and no one can call me from US?  Is that why this is so economical?

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@nospare wrote:

I am a new customer and no one can call me from US?  Is that why this is so economical?

@nospare 

Can you receive other incoming calls made within Canada? 

As long as you are in Canada anyone can call you from anywhere in the world. Did you just activate/port?

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

softech
Oracle
Oracle

.. just want to confirm, you can call yourself from another phone in Canada without issue?

For you issue with US people not able to reach you, was it just one person or many?  

Also, you mentioned you are new to PM, how long you have joined?  did you port your number when you join?

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nospare wrote:

@nospare hi can others call you? people from anywhere should be able to call did you just port in your number?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@nospare 

If you are IN Canada receiving the call, it should work.

Try resetting network, rebooting phone, removing and reinserting SIM card.

If you only recently activated, may take an hour or two.

Need Help? Let's chat.