Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have lost my pattern

30 REPLIES 30

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@snuglebear   What is this thread about!? 😲 

edited by computergeek541: language

@computergeek541  SERIOUSLY!? "Language", because of 3 letters "W".... "T".... "F".... so stuck together they mean something without actually using the word in question.... wow, I've been on forums where expletives are auto-deleted, but letters that, although imply an expletive, are not actually said expletive! 🙄 

It was removed because when that's typed out, people usually read it out in full, and for no other reason.

So.... uhm.... @computergeek541  , when are you gonna get around to using those self-proclaimed "implied profanity" policing skillz to do a little editing in this thread?:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Talk-Add-Ons/m-p/487128#M62550 

Ya need to keep on top of that stuff, cuz I read those offenses "out in full", and my tender sensibilities were greatly offended! 😉 

@mimmo wrote:

@wetcoaster  can any google login be used or or does it need to be the one  that was originally associated with the  phone?

Any correct Google credentials work. I have abandoned the Google account I used on this phone orignally and tried with a newer one. Which worked.

It's like doing a complete factory reset before selling the phone, I guess?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wetcoaster  can any google login be used or or does it need to be the one  that was originally associated with the  phone?

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

I'm pretty sure that if you have a Pin on the phone a factory reset will not work, as this is a security feature to stop people from stealing phones and simply resetting them.  

I believe that the phone could still be reset using recovery mode, but that might also trigger Google FRP protection and that the Google account credentials would be needed before the phone could be used.

Yes, new login with Google account is needed before being able to set a new screen lock.

@mimmo wrote:

I'm pretty sure that if you have a Pin on the phone a factory reset will not work, as this is a security feature to stop people from stealing phones and simply resetting them.  

I don't have the time right now to completely set up my daily driver (running Android 9) again, so I'm not touching that.

But I just did a successful factory reset in recovery mode on my old CAT S40 running Android 5.1. It now asks me to set up the phone from scratch, including the unlock pattern / PIN. Obviously there is zero personal data on it now.

@mimmo wrote:

I believe that the phone could still be reset using recovery mode, but that might also trigger Google FRP protection and that the Google account credentials would be needed before the phone could be used.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

@snuglebear wrote:

lost my patern I can not log in to the phone

@snuglebear This response suggests, to me, an Android phone and forgotten password? Android buffs perhaps, provide the procedure to recover access to a phone when password has been forgotten.

I'm really not sure how you can actually completely forget your phone's unlock PIN / pattern?? (Like everybody else here that's what I'm guessing the OP is saying.)

(Admittedly, in the past, I have "forgotten" the voicemail PIN on a phone that is used once or twice a year by guests - one of the guests had changed it 8 months earlier...)

A Google search turned up several articles that say the same as this one: https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-unlock-smartphone-when-you-forgot-pattern 

In one sentence: Unless you have set up a recovery method that you are able to access, most recent versions of Android can only be accessed by a factory reset.

@ecowen wrote:

This thread is almost becoming entertaining!

Nah, the word would be "ridiculous", for more than one reason. 👎🏻 

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This thread is almost becoming entertaining!

@computergeek541  Well, just wow..... fill yer boots, I guess....

@CannonFodder wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@snuglebear   What is this thread about!? 😲 

@computergeek541  SERIOUSLY!? "Language", because of 3 letters "W".... "T".... "F".... so stuck together they mean something without actually using the word in question.... wow, I've been on forums where expletives are auto-deleted, but letters that, although imply an expletive, are not actually said expletive! 🙄 

It was removed because when that's typed out, people usually read it out in full, and for no other reason.

@snuglebear wrote:

@snuglebear This response suggests, to me, an Android phone and forgotten password? Android buffs perhaps, provide the procedure to recover access to a phone when password has been forgotten.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@computergeek541  SERIOUSLY!? "Language", because of 3 letters "W".... "T".... "some unknown letter, edited so nobody else might read something that they shouldn't".... so stuck together they mean something without actually using the word in question.... wow, I've been on forums where expletives are auto-deleted, but letters that, although imply an expletive, are not actually said expletive! 🙄 

@Jb456 wrote:

@Luddite @computergeek541 

Oracles can one of you merge threads? Thanks!

merged

DOA

When you made the pattern, it also asked you to create a PIN.  Do you have the PIN?

Tony_Xu

Did you check with the phone dealer? Is it an iphone?

snuglebear

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite @computergeek541 

Oracles can one of you merge threads? Thanks!

snuglebear

I can not get in to the phone

Looks as though the OP "found" a solution though!

AE_Collector

@boundless wrote:

I believe it is related to the Android pattern unlock feature

Well, I kinda thought it MIGHT be that, but just how do you "lose" your pattern? Are we talking about forgetting it, or there's some sort of quirk in the OS, and it's no longer prompting the OP to unlock the phone? Way, WAY too little info from @snuglebear .....

boundless

I believe it is related to the Android pattern unlock feature: https://support.google.com/android/answer/9079129?hl=en

If you have lost your phone pattern you may have to connect it to your computer and reset, or restore from a backup. Either way it's best to contact Google or your phone manufacturer. PM cannot help you recover it.

ecowen

Someone please explain "Patern".

snuglebear

yes

note from computergeek541: removed solution

snuglebear

Ihave lost my patern

kselmak