cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

only can make emergency calls only

Laurie2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went to put time on my phone and it says emergency calls only.  How do I put time on my phone when it says that.

14 REPLIES 14

@Laurie2  It appears you have been SIMjacked. Google it is serious!! Making payment is the least of your problems.

Anybody from @CS_Agent?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Laurie2 wrote:

I tried to log in to self serve but cant remember my password.  I clicked forgot password and it comes up LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled.  I tried phoning1-8555-478-2572 but it says it cant find my phone number.  I want to pay with a credit card is there another way.

What happens when you call your number from a different phone. Hide your number when you do that so if someone answers they don't see your number.

But really...this is urgent. You need to make sure your money and identity are safe in all the important places.

@Laurie2 sorry to say this, but it looks like you were SIM jacked, and your number fraudemtly ported. Contact the moderators, change you passwords to your bank, email etc , call your banketc. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Laurie2

I tried to log in to self serve but cant remember my password.  I clicked forgot password and it comes up LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled.  I tried phoning1-8555-478-2572 but it says it cant find my phone number.  I want to pay with a credit card is there another way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Laurie2 wrote:

I don't have a another phone when I dial *611 it comes up and says  emergency calls only

Can you log in to your self-serve account?

If so, look for Active status.

Also, check under Change SIM for the last 4 digits of your SIM # and compare it to the number on the actual number of the SIM card in your hands.

I'm fearing the worst for you though.

@Laurie2 wrote:

I don't have a another phone when I dial *611 it comes up and says  emergency calls only

When was the last time your phone was working ? Have you been able to add money in the past ?

Laurie2

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Laurie2 Did you try to use sim in another phone? Does it have a phone signal?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Laurie2 can you log into your self service account?  If you can, you can use the sone time payment option to add payment to your account. You can also use 1 855 4public  + your 10 digit phone number. 

Try restarting your phone.  Turn it off, take the SIM card out, reinsert it, wait 5 minutes and restart it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Laurie2 wrote:

I went to put time on my phone and it says emergency calls only.  How do I put time on my phone when it says that.

@Laurie2  Try to access your selfserve account ASAP. If you cannot access it or get a message that your account has been disabled then somebody more than likely has ported your number out. Be alarmed, be very alarmed.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  1. Sign in to Self-Serve.
  2. Click on the Payment tab
  3. From here, you can make a one-time payment or set up AutoPay.

You can also make a payment by purchasing a voucher and call 611 or use recharge.com or ding.com but there is a service charge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Laurie2 wrote:

You don't really "put time on" your phone here. It's a pre-paid 30 day plan for service.

It sounds like your plan has become suspended. You'll need to renew the plan by making a payment via the self-serve or 611 using a registered payment card or vouchers that you can buy in stores or online.

It could be that you bought a used phone somewhere and it has been marked as stolen on the blacklist system.

It could be that someone has hacked your account (not to be too alarming).

@Laurie2 

More details would be helpful.

When is your next payment date?  

Is your plan active or suspended?  

Which plan are you on?  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Dial 611. Does it work?

If not log into your account and click "make a payment".

Need Help? Let's chat.