cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no signal

shorty1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • hey i was with bell and i just create an account with public mobile and activate my public mobile sim card...i enter my public mobile sim card in my phone and no signal...i cant call or text
21 REPLIES 21

@shorty1 wrote:

did you try a restart...if not make sure you are desactived with bell

self solution removed

@shorty1 no worry, i just not sure 🙂  

shorty1

click it by mistake sorry

shorty1

sorry i am trying to help others and ill probably click suggestions solution by mistake

@shorty1 wrote:
  • hey i was with bell and i just create an account with public mobile and activate my public mobile sim card...i enter my public mobile sim card in my phone and no signal...i cant call or text

@shorty1 wrote:

@shorty1 you are the OP of this thread and you are suggesting solutions for yourself?? 

sorry, I am just confused

shorty1

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shorty1 wrote:

1.  Have you received a welcome email from PM?

If not, your PM SIM card was not activated yet OR there is a typo on your email address during activation process.

2.  If you activated you plan online, login to your PM self-serve account using your email address as the username and the password you provided during online activation. 

If you can login to your account, your SIM card was activated.  Otherwise, your SIM card was not activated yet.

Report result and we will provide next step.

@shorty1 

Do you get any message at all? Try your pm sim card in another phone if you get nothing there as well then the moderators either need to reprovision your sim card or you got a dud and you will have to replace it and have the replacement cost credited to your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shorty1 : If it's a dual-SIM model, try the PM SIM in the other SIM spot.

@esjliv wrote:

@shorty1 wrote:
  • my phone is a vivo xl4 with Android

@shorty1 

You phone "blu-vivo-xl4" should be compatible.

esjliv_0-1624326672566.png

Can you try a Reset of your Network Settings of the Phone with the Public Mobile SIM card inside.

Is the phone locked to Bell? If so contact them to unlock it for you.

Check if your phone is blacklisted here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Canadian carriers don't sell Blu devices, nor have I heard of a Blu devices ever being sold as locked to any carrier elsewhere.

@shorty1 wrote:

@shorty1 

You phone "blu-vivo-xl4" should be compatible.

esjliv_0-1624326672566.png

Can you try a Reset of your Network Settings of the Phone with the Public Mobile SIM card inside.

Is the phone locked to Bell? If so contact them to unlock it for you.

Check if your phone is blacklisted here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shorty1 : Did you transfer your number from Bell during the activation process here? If so, did you leave the Bell SIM in and respond to the transfer text?

Fully power down the phone, remove PM SIM, turn on phone, any messages pop up? Fully power down the phone again, insert PM SIM, turn on the phone, any messages pop up?

Vivo XL4 is from Blu...not Samsung. So what is the make/model/submodel of the phone you're trying to use?

@shorty1 

Does it show public mobile on top of your phones screen?

shorty1

shorty1

did restart and still cant call or text or receive call

shorty1

shorty1
  • samsung

@shorty1  what kind of phone you have ?   

shorty1

yes i had messaged if i wanted to switch from bell to public mobile

softech
Oracle
Oracle

PM uses the Bell and Telus cellular towers, so it shouldn't be an issue with network coverage

First, is your phone unlocked?  what kind of phone is that?

You try a Network Reset yet?  Another reboot?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shorty1 : iPhone? So you turned off the phone, inserted the SIM and turned it back on...any messages pop up?

Need Help? Let's chat.