cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no signal at all

kathytingfang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi there,

Starting from yesterday, my phine has no signal at all. no data, calling feature and can't text. my payment is up to date. why???

7 REPLIES 7

@kathytingfang wrote:

hi there,

Starting from yesterday, my phine has no signal at all. no data, calling feature and can't text. my payment is up to date. why???

Does it say "emergency calls only"?   If it does, ensure that the network setting isn't accidently set to 2g.

This next part isn't that likely, but especially if you purchased your phone used, I would check the IMEI status at devicecheck.ca.  

These aren't absolute answers but checking these will help for troubleshooting purposes.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kathytingfang wrote:

hi there,

@kathytingfang  When you call your number from another phone what happens? Did you schedule a plan change recently?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@kathytingfang  hi do you have another phone to put your sim card in? if it works then it could be a problem with your phone or settings

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

If you have tried everything else, you can also check that the SIM card registered to your account matches the one in your phone.

You can see the last 4 digits of your SIM card number here:

PM sim card change.jpg

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can try going to your settings and under Wireless & Networks, click More.

The click on Cellular Networks and then Network Operators.  Then select "Public Mobile".

If that doesn't work, power off your phone and remove the SIM.  Re-insert and power on.

If you still have problems then you would need to contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@kathytingfang wrote:

hi there,

Hi, if your Account Status is Active, then it could be either your phone or the SIM card.

Good idea to try Lieux's suggestions first.

If problem persists, can you try your SIM on another phone?

Sometimes the SIM card may need to be replaced.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@kathytingfang wrote:

hi there,

Can you see in your self-serve account if your account is ACTIVE OR USPENDED OR EXPIRED? When is your renewal date?

Did you try to reboot your phone?

You can try this...Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone. 

If nothing help you can reach the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and they will help you. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days but they work 7/7 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.