cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no phone calls but texting works.

boondock69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bought son a Iphone 11 for Christmas as he had broken his old phone in November.  I thought it was odd that he couldnt make calls and when I called his phone it goes to voicemail on first ring everytime. He has the 15/month plan.  I purchased less than an hour ago the 25/month plan.  His plan shows he now has the 25/month plan and still no phone calls.  Any ideas?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

@upthestump   Please click the 3 dots top right of your post and edit/delete your phone numbers from your post as this is a public forum.

Can you try rebooting your phone to see if that gets it going?

@upthestump 
First please click the 3 dots on right side of your post and edit the post to delete your personal information (phone number)..as it's visible for the public to see.

upthestump
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello acct problems phone renewal today and confirmed cannot phone out as i said before i have 2 phone xxxxxxxxxxxxxx mine and wifes is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx both are acting the same money is there on auto pay so what is going on this time?? thanks Dan W.

edited by comptuergeek541: removed phone numbers

@Anonymous  That's good to know as ive never noticed that when it comes to data. It does not help when i notice a "web" event later....and I've been on WiFi exclusively and im trying to figure out how that happens. Only plausible if the WiFi disconnects from my phone.....but I rarely use my phone for data at home because I use my tablet instead. So still a mystery.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just go by the front page counter. It seems to me to be real time for all features.

@boondock69  It does sound like your son ran out of outgoing minutes. That won't be an issue on the $25 but if you change him back to the $15 plan in the future just check the overview page for the  "my plan and add ons" section. It will list his features/add ons. If it's not there then it's been used up. Most customers will get the $5/500 minutes calling add on to supplement the calling on that plan. It will roll over every month until used up. It will often only add an extra $1 or $2 to the monthly cost of the plan by the time all the minutes are used up.

The usage history updates in real time for calling and texting but the data lags by at least 3 hours on the detailed usage page. A little faster on the data usage page but it can still ĺag by up to two hours. Text message warnings for calling and data are sent out at either75% òr at 90% of min/Data used.

boondock69

Thanks for the quick response mods.  I was about to report phone lost then after a few minutes report it found to see if that fix worked here.   My son called me from his phone just before I was going to hit the report lost tab.  I called him right back and his phone rang and he answered.  Maybe he had used all his minutes and I overlooked them?  I changed his plan to the 25/month and shortly after he could call out, so the out of minutes seems plausible.

p.s.   I found the data usage page extremely laggy and the text layout a bit unwieldy.  I know it's not your baby.   just mentioning it.

cheers

boondock69

Its working now.   Not sure what had happened but the phone is able to call out and recieve calls now.  I did not report it lost then found as was mentioned to me earlier as a possible fix which I was about to try when my son made a outgoing call and his phone recieved my call.  Perhaps I was not thorough enough while going through his usage history?  I switched to the 25/month plan from the 15/month so Maybe he was out of minutes?  Anyway..  Thanks to everyone who helped me out.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@boondock69 

Possibly one of the following: 1) DND is on, forwards calls to voicemail, 2) accidently turned on conditional busy call forwarding, 3) no or bad reception (as already mentioned), 4) network problem. 

Aside from these few things, did you port a number over into PM? If so, no incoming calls or texts for 1-3 hours until port completes. I may have missed it, but is he able to call out?  

@boondock69 

A few things to try:

1. Toggle airplane mode on, then off

2. Network reset

3. Put your son's SIM card in one of your phones. To help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service issue.  

If PM Service issue, then you will need to contact moderator.  Possible account provision issue. 

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

@boondock69 wrote:

Hey guys.  its a brand new iphone 11.  full bars wife and I have no problem in same house.  text go thru no prob

@boondock69  Texts go through because iMessage is using WiFi. Sounds like that account hasn't been provisioned properly. Best to submit a ticket to PM for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

boondock69

I will try this and get back to you.

Thanks.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@boondock69 wrote:

Hey guys.  its a brand new iphone 11.  full bars wife and I have no problem in same house.  text go thru no prob

Do you and your wife both have an iPhone 11 too?

boondock69

Ed404

@DanRJ wrote:

It's possible that there's a weak reception in the area he's trying to call from. I had the same problem on and off with making/receiving calls because I'm out in a hollow. Perhaps using WhatsApp or internet calling services is needed in such areas?

Yeah, I just looked at previous posts talking about the same thing it's very likely the reception. @boondock69 what type of phone do you have and how many bars?

DanRJ

It's possible that there's a weak reception in the area he's trying to call from. I had the same problem on and off with making/receiving calls because I'm out in a hollow. Perhaps using WhatsApp or internet calling services is needed in such areas?

You could also trying reporting the phone list for couple of minutes then report it found, then restart again.

If everything else fails and the a is active, contact moderators by clicking question mark and asking to talk to a human

Ed404

Try taking the sim out and reinserting it.

I doubt it's the sim card, but you can verify if the sim is working correctly by inserting it in a different phone.

If you didn't work try adding one more dollar to the account and restarting the phone again

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Try restarting the phone with the sim in

boondock69

Zero minutes of outgoing calls for many pages.   He has not had a phone for over a month so he could make calls and should have atleast 100 mins?

Need Help? Let's chat.