JL1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have having problem with my data

no internet connection, phone call works fine

happened a week ago as well?? service came back later

it is happening again

what is going on?

15 REPLIES 15

@JaneMangat it should reset to the original factory metwork settimgs and once your phone restarts should take the correct PM network settings. The ones that allow you to send mms messages and to surf the net.Stay safe. 

JaneMangat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, thanks for all of your information regarding an iphone and the issue of no longer getting data.  In my settings on Cellular Data my APN is sp.mb.com then there are only two other options which are Username and Password.  I have left both of these blank.  The only other setting is Reset Settings.  Should I do this?    If I do it it says that it will reset all my network-related settings to their original values?  What does that mean ?  Thanks for your help in advance.

Jane.

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@JL1 wrote:

it is happening again

what is going on?

can you check the APN settings on your phone? maybe for some reason the APN settings got changed thats why data is not working

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

JL1

Thank you everyone

I tried everything and it was still not working

And now it suddenly work again

Is there any place I could report outage or something like this in the future? 

Thanks

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JL1 

Can you try this,switch on Airplane mode and turn off your phone. Wait for half a minute and then turn your mobile phone back on. Go to the same settings section and turn off Airplane mode. After that, check if your mobile data is working again. Give it a try.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JL1 wrote:

Sorry

I wasn't clear in my message

I meant it is a network problem

I have data quota

I have also restarted my phone and tried everything

But my internet is not working

Which phone are you using?

Put you PM SIM in another phone to test for data.  If it works in another phone, it is not PM network issue.

@JL1 did your reset your network as suggested earlier by @gpixel . Tjanks.

JL1

Sorry

I wasn't clear in my message

I meant it is a network problem

I have data quota

I have also restarted my phone and tried everything

But my internet is not working

popping

@JL1 

If you had used all your data for the current cycle, options to get more data:

1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

popping

@JL1 

Did you received 75%, 95% and 100% data usage warning text messages?

If yes, you had used all your data for the current cycle.

This explained why your data was gone and came back after your renewal and now all your data were used.

Check your data usage line on your account.  If you do not see the data usage line, you had used all your data for your current cycle.

My data usage line is showing that I used 73.007MB ouf of my plan 250 MB my current cycle.  If you do not see a similar usage line, you had used all the data.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
    140.206  /  1024 MB
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
    1  /  400 MIN
    100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
    40  /  100 MIN
    1GB Promo
    102.004  /  1024 MB
    250 MB at 3G speed
    73.007  /  250 MB
    500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance
    225  /  500 MIN

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@JL1 Have you checked to see if you have a power saver on your phone, at times if you do it will actually turn your data off. Check your account status as well as @gblackma pointed out. 

Also props to @RobertQc for all the info, wow. 😁

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@JL1 if your data was working before and it's not working now I wouldn't change my APN settings. try resetting your network settings. what type of phone do you have?

@JL1 check your plan to see if you have data left. It should look something like this. Try restarting your phone.  Puy your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart. Stay safe. 

20200419_140531.jpg

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@JL1 

@JL1 wrote:

it is happening again

what is going on?

Are you sure you have data left? When was your renewal maybe you ran out last week then you had a renewal? if the data isn't showing on the OVERVIEW Page (when you first sign into self-serve), then it has been used up for your current cycle. Conventional thinking would suggest that the system display the data still showing 100% consumption. Unfortunately, the self serve is programmed to remove reference to data when it is all used up.  If you don't see the data list in your plan details (I believe it's the Plans & Add-ons page), then you have an account issue and will need to contact the moderator team for assistance.

If you are sure there is data available in your plan and its not all used up then go into network settings and make sure "mobile data" is enabled. Restart your phone. Turn air plane mode ON then OFF. Do you have another phone to try your sim card in to see if data is working? Has data ever been working? Have you tried data on more than 1 app, have you confirmed you have no local data restrictions / firewall settings? Go into mobile data usage under settings and make sure you have not used your local "data limit" and there are no network restrictions

Go into network search and try reconnecting to the network and make sure LTE is set to preferred (even if you have 3g) If was already on LTE, then try switching to 3G, did it help? No? Then go back to LTE. 

Does MMS work? (Not SMS) MMS uses data. Try sending a picture to yourself. Did you get it?

The most likely cause is the APN. You need to configure (Or re-configure even if you have already configured before) your APN settings to be able to send pictures (MMS) and navigate on internet (DATA). Your "Mobile Data" needs to be activated.

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Iphone

Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

Name: Public Mobile / Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network.  

APN Tethering Settings: 

Name: Tethered Mobile Internet
APN: isp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: Not set
MMS proxy: Not set
MMS port: Not set
MCC: 302