cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no data

schubie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello

i purchased a second plan and data will not work. my account says there is 250 mb and data is turned on in my phone, but i can't connect on line. i changed the sim card in my phone to my old Rodgers sim card and data works fine. i put my Public sim card in my wife's phone and no data. the funny thing is, in my account under useage, it lists that some data has been used but not by me as it won't work on my phone. any ideas as to what i can do?

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tomgirlbc wrote:

hi thanks i just read this message now, i guess i never knew i had mail, i do have another question i just asked someone about my billing as i topped up 50 and use the 10 roaming for the usa a few weeks ago, but it looks like the balance was taken and also i was charged on my auto pay too, so wondering if someone can look into that, also i think i want to do the 50 dollar plan for 8 gb, can i do that and just say i want it to start when my new billing starts so i dont loose days i paid for sorry for all the quesions, plus my husband is going to sign up under me but we just have to get the phone first, or should we get the sim card first or the phone, we have to buy a new one, any suggestions on what phone to get that is really good and cheap to buy

That's quite a flurry of questions!

What do you mean "mail"?

Are you saying you put money in and then it took money from autopay anyway?

Yes set the change plan for your next renewal if you like your money.

There's no multi-accounts here. One phone number, one email address, one account. Make sure you do the referral on his sign up.

Get the SIM whenever convenient. Get whatever compatible phone you can afford.

Cell phone repair places are good for used phones that you can have a bit of trust on. Buying from Joe off the street could be dodgy.

tomgirlbc

hi thanks i just read this message now, i guess i never knew i had mail, i do have another question i just asked someone about my billing as i topped up 50 and use the 10 roaming for the usa a few weeks ago, but it looks like the balance was taken and also i was charged on my auto pay too, so wondering if someone can look into that, also i think i want to do the 50 dollar plan for 8 gb, can i do that and just say i want it to start when my new billing starts so i dont loose days i paid for sorry for all the quesions, plus my husband is going to sign up under me but we just have to get the phone first, or should we get the sim card first or the phone, we have to buy a new one, any suggestions on what phone to get that is really good and cheap to buy

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

XXX

@schubie wrote:

i've done a factory reset on the phone, is that the same thing?

@schubie  No, that resets your phone to factory settings and it means that you will lose all your info that resides on your phone's memory. Hopefully you have backups.

schubie

thanks all, it's up and working. one of the Mods helped me set all the APT settings, they were all wrong

schubie

i've done a factory reset on the phone, is that the same thing?

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As already pointed out it might be the SIM, but I would try a network reset in any event to see if that solves the problem. It's in your settings (System/Reset options/Reset Wi-Fi, mobile, and Bluetooth). You will have to add your BT devices and wifi networks back after you do it, but it may solve your data issues.

schubie

i have an Asus. yes i checked,and it works fine for voice

schubie

thanks. the sim card works for voice but not data. i'll pm

@schubie 

Since the SIM card does not work in another phone, it is likely PM service issue. 

You likely need to contact moderator via private message. Expect 1-2 day wait. 

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@schubie wrote:

hello

i purchased a second plan and data will not work. my account says there is 250 mb and data is turned on in my phone, but i can't connect on line. i changed the sim card in my phone to my old Rodgers sim card and data works fine. i put my Public sim card in my wife's phone and no data. the funny thing is, in my account under useage, it lists that some data has been used but not by me as it won't work on my phone. any ideas as to what i can do?

@schubie  What is the make and model of your phone? Did you make sure it's compatible with the PM data network? 

Public Mobile has partnered with willmyphonework.net as the new compatibility checker.If you can’t find your make and/ or model, provide feedback directly here.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@schubie wrote:

hello

Did you reboot your phone?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@schubie wrote:

hello

Check the APN setting on your phone using the following link as a guide.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Re-start your phone after checking APN setting is correct.

Need Help? Let's chat.