cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: nexus LG-E960

@darlicious 

My mistake: Nexus 4 is using an IPS LCD display. That was likely a cost cutting measure to offer this device at Nexus-level pricing, though the previous generation (Galaxy Nexus) was using super AMOLED.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic wrote:

@darlicious  Should be easy to replace the screen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lkcg8g3i1s

If you can repair an espresso machine this should be a piece of cake. 🙂

Agreed! That's an excellent video for this kind of thing, and so long as you have the tools, the screen, and the patience, this kind of thing is very doable! 👍

As for the naysayers...... 🙄

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@will13am 

You better tell Tom Wolfe to pack in he's just not with the times anymore....oh wait he's no longer with us. Oh well....

Highlighted
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

You better tell Tom Wolfe to pack in he's just not with the times anymore....oh wait he's no longer with us. Oh well....

Seriously, it is quite the act of desperation to repair a decade old phone.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious  Just out of curiosity, what is the aim of repairing this 8yr. old phone..... just to see if you can do it..... to get at something you want to save from the phone..... to have yet another backup device to use for calls & texts(since a lot of apps would likely require a newer OS)..... something else..... all of the above? 🤔

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@CFPartDeux 

D) all of the above

It's not exactly cheap to get a phone repaired these days. If I can do this in a reasonable amount of time successfully it could be a good supplement to my income seeing as i won't be working for at least another year or so pending my 10 month waitlist for surgery #2 and the longer harder recovery time. Fixing the odd broken screen here and there would be very helpful and im always up for a challenge. I make a mean cappuccino....i should dust mine off, prime her up and get brewing and steaming!

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

@CFPartDeux 

D) all of the above

It's not exactly cheap to get a phone repaired these days. If I can do this in a reasonable amount of time successfully it could be a good supplement to my income seeing as i won't be working for at least another year or so pending my 10 month waitlist for surgery #2 and the longer harder recovery time. Fixing the odd broken screen here and there would be very helpful and im always up for a challenge. I make a mean cappuccino....i should dust mine off, prime her up and get brewing and steaming!

Assuming that you can get this phone repaired (even for free), this phone has no official support for LTE. This means that you're limited to the HSPA network. It also means that you won't receive official warning through the emergency alert system.  And, while you can install custom/unofficial software, this device is officially only running Android 5.1. The lmits the app support.

Need Help? Let's chat.