cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to me phone

Kyle1975
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

so i got a new to me phone and put my sim card from my old phone into it.  it wont recognize it.  my gf is with public mobile as well and we tried it with her sim card and worked just fine.  so now i have a new sim card but dont know how to activate or change from my old phone to this new to me one.  help please!

9 REPLIES 9

@Chrslblnc wrote:

It sounds like you have a GSM locked phone (one locked to a specific network) where bell, Telus, public mobile, and virgin are all on the same GSM network and Rogers/koodo, freedom mobile, and others are all on their own networks. If your new to me phone works on public mobile you have options though

Public Mobile does not have a 2g GSM network, and neither do Koodo, Freedom, Bell, or Virgin.  Also, Koodo is owned by Telus, and not Rogers.

Chrslblnc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It sounds like you have a GSM locked phone (one locked to a specific network) where bell, Telus, public mobile, and virgin are all on the same GSM network and Rogers/koodo, freedom mobile, and others are all on their own networks. If your new to me phone works on public mobile you have options though

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To change the SIM card, log into your PM account. You will see under the overview tab, in the section on the right side called My Profile, a bunch of links. Tap or click Change Sim Card. Follow the instructions. 

@Kyle1975 

Has anyone hijacked your phone, email community account as of 930 pm pt 07/21/20?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Kyle1975 what's the make and model of your new phone? 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kyle1975  if the sim card works in your gf phone then it's not the sim card.

PM sim cards are tri punch so make sure that you are using the correct size. Most newer phones use the nano size.

tp.png

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kyle1975 wrote:

so i got a new to me phone and put my sim card from my old phone into it.  it wont recognize it.  my gf is with public mobile as well and we tried it with her sim card and worked just fine.  so now i have a new sim card but dont know how to activate or change from my old phone to this new to me one.  help please!

Uhm, wait a minute..... just noticed the discrepancy..... you have your old SIM AND a new SIM???

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There's also the option to try the SIM that appears to not be working in the g.f.'s phone and see if it works there.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Kyle1975 does your sim work properly in your old phone. And did you retry your sim card again after it worked with your girlfriends? Turn it off, insert your sim and restart the phone. Let us know if it fails. Thanks. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.