cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new sim card not working

ddpost
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my new sim card is not working on either of my cell phones,it says no network found ?i checked my account and it has the correct mei # 

any idea's ?

dean

12 REPLIES 12

@Steve486 wrote:

what type of phones do you have, and when did you purchase? 

Only phones sold after Dec 1 2017 will come unlocked automatically (able to connect to any carrier). You may need to contact your previous provider (Rogers?) to help unlock.

And if you need to do that, having done it before, I'd recommend doing Live Chat with them to get the unlock code(s), because they seemed to be quicker to get a customer rep that way, vs. trying to call them.... at least it was when I did that.

Steve486

what type of phones do you have, and when did you purchase? 

Only phones sold after Dec 1 2017 will come unlocked automatically (able to connect to any carrier). You may need to contact your previous provider (Rogers?) to help unlock.

ddpost

i got a new # ,i will try the moderator 

thanks

If those happen to be 2g only phones (very  wilold)they willl not work on telus network

You need 3g wcmda 850 and 1900 MHz

Check the specs

Some unlicked phones lock themselves to the first provider good news is that the provider and the manufacturer have to give you the unlock code for free

ddpost

i purchased it at superstore

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ddpost did you port your number?  It sounds like either your port is stuck, or your SIM is not properly provisioned. Contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@ddpost wrote:

my new sim card is not working on either of my cell phones,it says no network found ?i checked my account and it has the correct mei # 

any idea's ?

dean

ddpost

i tryed that 

ddpost

im shure my phone are unlocked but i dont know if they are compatable with those networks,im normally a rogers guy 

@ddpost wrote:

yes it is active 

@ddpost Try to take out sim, wait for 10 mins and insert back. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you're account is active can you borrow a phone that is confirmed working on Telus/Koodo/pm network.

You can also visit Telus or Koodo store and ask for a loaner.

If you are sure you're phones are working on telus network contact moderators.

Where did you buy the sim?

ddpost

yes it is active 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@ddpost wrote:

any idea's ?

dean

@ddpost In self-service account, is it active? Can you login?

Need Help? Let's chat.