cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone, service keeps turning on and off

sonya2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a used iphone 7 from my daughter to replace the current one I was using that has a cracked screen. The SIM card and all data was switched over to the new phone, but ever since the service keeps tuning on and off. Any ideas of how to fix this???

6 REPLIES 6

@sonya2 is the phone fixed?

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@sonya2 wrote:

I got a used iphone 7 from my daughter to replace the current one I was using that has a cracked screen. The SIM card and all data was switched over to the new phone, but ever since the service keeps tuning on and off. Any ideas of how to fix this???

iPhone 7 was not the best phone produced. See here for issues and fixes. 

@sonya2 ^^^^ this by @LurganIeUk .  You and your daughter should check out the link provided by @LurganIeUk .  Come back and let us know what happens.  Good luck!  😊

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@sonya2 wrote:

iPhone 7 was not the best phone produced. See here for issues and fixes. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sonya2 wrote:

@sonya2  That sounds like an antenna issue with the phone. Did the phone come with any warranty, if yes, take it back.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sonya2 , switching the SIM card to a different phone should not affect the service.  If it works on one phone, it should work on any other just the same.  Try doing a software reset.  

lucyeyford
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This keeps happening to me as well. I keep missing a bunch of important calls and they go straight to voicemail. I had one reply saying to toggle and turn on and off airplane mode, and that seems to work, but I was looking for something more long term to prevent this. 

If you are having the same issue as me, I will try to see if I can figure out a way to fix this...

Need Help? Let's chat.