cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network issues

glenncw29
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone have issues with having network service and then no service? Is it a SIM card or phone issue?

I'm constantly having service and then no service.  Any help would be great.

6 REPLIES 6

ymd3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem with Public Mobile at home. I used to be on Telus/Koodo for a decade, then switched to Freedom for a couple of years, then recently switched to PM.

I'm using iPhone 8 (A1905) and the reception inside my home goes from 4 bars to 1 bar, then no service, then back to 4 bars in a matter of minutes.

I was surprised to see this as I had solid coverage from Freedom and the nearest tower is 200 m away on top of a 20-storey building all co-shared by Freedom, Telus and Rogers (I checked Tower Map on ertyu.org before the switch). It's weird because I thought Telus coverage would be superior to Freedom as Telus owns more spectrums. I tried the SIM on my wife's iPhone 11 and I still have the same issue.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@glenncw29 wrote:

Does anyone have issues with having network service and then no service? Is it a SIM card or phone issue? I'm constantly having service and then no service.  Any help would be great.

I would also test your SIM in a different phone if possible to help determine if the problem is just with the phone or if it also happens in another phone.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:Start a conversation with the virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.

Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437). You’ll need to login first to your Community account for the link to work.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@glenncw29 wrote:

Does anyone have issues with having network service and then no service? Is it a SIM card or phone issue?

@glenncw29   Do you have a spare phone to try using by transferring your SIM to it and see if the network issue is still there? 

Otherwise if this is ongoing issue for sometime you should contact moderators either via chatbot bubble bottom right of the screen or by clicking the envelope icon top right and sending a private message to Moderator_Team.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Also try removing your sim and reinstalling it.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@glenncw29 wrote:

Can you reset your network settings on your phone. As well have you looked at the Telus outage map? Can you put your sim card in another unlocked phone to try?

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

Need Help? Let's chat.